title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Customized info (metadata) lost in Ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eman Resu
    • Mar 2016

Customized info (metadata) lost in Ripper

Sometimes I change the metadata before ripping (e.g. correct spelling errors in song titles, change the genre, etc.), start the ripping process but there might be one or more songs ripped incorrectly. So after a while I might get another cd drive and after inserting the cd again, sometimes the information I put in before is still there and sometimes it acts as though I've put the CD in for the first time (just the default info without my changes, no crc values, Rip Status or other results from the last rip etc.). It's kind of frustrating, because I only want to re-rip one song, but have to re-rip the whole cd so the information is consistent for all songs (I might not remember what I changed for the other, correctly ripped songs). Also, this "customized" info sometimes stays for a couple of weeks, but sometimes is lost within the same day. Are there some rules as to when this info gets deleted? Thanks..
    Last edited by Eman Resu; 06-13-2016, 10:23 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Customized info (metadata) lost in Ripper

Increase the size of the dBpoweramp Cache (under metadata drop menu)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Eman Resu
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
      Increase the size of the dBpoweramp Cache (under metadata drop menu)
      OK, thank you!
      (maybe it would nice if the program remembered indefinitely the settings/previous results of at least those albums with errors/unverifiable tracks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We have a product 'PerfectTUNES' the accuraterip section which will do as you require.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Eman Resu
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
          We have a product 'PerfectTUNES' the accuraterip section which will do as you require.
          Well, I have the 'PerfectTUNES'. But there I check which tracks were ripped with an error in the past and then let's say a couple of months later when I try to re-rip those tracks I may have to re-enter all the information again, depending on the cache (as you say). Of course I guess I could set the cache to e.g. 500MB to remember hundreds of cds, but then it takes up a lot of space..

Comment

Working...

]]>