title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: r15.3 Installer defaults to /dBpoweramp 14.2 install path, ANNOYING, PLEASE HELP!!!

Angry r15.3 Installer defaults to /dBpoweramp 14.2 install path, ANNOYING, PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello, the r15.3 Installer defaults to a /dBpoweramp 14.2 install path, even if you choose a new path or create a new folder. (Ex: Even if you change the install path to C:/Music/dBpoweramp 15.3, it will then install it to C:/Music/dBpoweramp 15.3/dBpoweramp 14.2.

Can someone please fix the mistake in the installer or at least let us install it where we want? Thank you!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: r15.3 Installer defaults to /dBpoweramp 14.2 install path, ANNOYING, PLEASE HELP!

Did you uninstall r14.2? Do you try to install r15.3 aside of r14.2?

Dat Ei

Re: r15.3 Installer defaults to /dBpoweramp 14.2 install path, ANNOYING, PLEASE HELP!

Yes, no trace of 14.2 as far as I can tell, the glitch seems to be within the 15.3 installer itself?

Administrator

None of our installers ever add 'dBpoweramp Rx.x' to the install location, so I am not sure where it is getting it from.

Beats me, if it keeps doing it can I just move it after it installs to my preferred location? What else must I do besides fix the shortcuts afterward? Seems like when I moved it once before it quit appearing in the "right click" menu... Thanks for your thoughts.

Administrator

It is not possible to move the folder because the DLLS are registered with the system at that location.