title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

r15.3 Installer defaults to /dBpoweramp 14.2 install path, ANNOYING, PLEASE HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Almost Easy 2
    • Jun 2016

r15.3 Installer defaults to /dBpoweramp 14.2 install path, ANNOYING, PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello, the r15.3 Installer defaults to a /dBpoweramp 14.2 install path, even if you choose a new path or create a new folder. (Ex: Even if you change the install path to C:/Music/dBpoweramp 15.3, it will then install it to C:/Music/dBpoweramp 15.3/dBpoweramp 14.2.

Can someone please fix the mistake in the installer or at least let us install it where we want? Thank you!
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: r15.3 Installer defaults to /dBpoweramp 14.2 install path, ANNOYING, PLEASE HELP!

Did you uninstall r14.2? Do you try to install r15.3 aside of r14.2?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Almost Easy 2
      • Jun 2016

Re: r15.3 Installer defaults to /dBpoweramp 14.2 install path, ANNOYING, PLEASE HELP!

Yes, no trace of 14.2 as far as I can tell, the glitch seems to be within the 15.3 installer itself?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

None of our installers ever add 'dBpoweramp Rx.x' to the install location, so I am not sure where it is getting it from.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Almost Easy 2
          • Jun 2016

Beats me, if it keeps doing it can I just move it after it installs to my preferred location? What else must I do besides fix the shortcuts afterward? Seems like when I moved it once before it quit appearing in the "right click" menu... Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is not possible to move the folder because the DLLS are registered with the system at that location.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>