title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch converter hangs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axf756
    • May 2016

Batch converter hangs

I'm a long time user of dbPoweramp but new to the forum, cause I didn't have serious
    problems so far

Yesterday I ripped a new CD to lossless FLAC. Already the ripping process was arduous.
    First, most of the tracks were in error. After switching off C2 error correction, about the
    first 8 tracks were secure, after re-ripping up to 45 frames, and the last 4 tracks were accurate.
    The CD is completely new without any marks or scratches. There's no indication of a copy
    protection although it's from a year (2005) when this was common.

Thereafter I started conversion to MP3. The first 4 tracks converted normally, the next 4 started,
    but then the process stalled. It looked as if the 5th was the problem, because it stopped early.
    I rebooted and tried again... same result. I tried to convert the tracks individually. 2 or 3 went through,
    then again the conversion stalled. I tried to convert tracks from another CD, that I ripped and
    converted already longer ago. At first there was the same problem. But after another reboot,
    conversion of this CD finished without error. I then again tried to convert the first CD, but again
    the conversion hung.

Thanks in advance for any help
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch converter hangs

You are using dBpoweramp R15.4?

Try converting to 'Test Conversion'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• axf756
      • May 2016

I'm using version 14.2 on Windows 7 64.

With test conversion nothing changes. But I watched this now a little longer.
      There's still some activity. Track 1 and 4 have been converted quickly.
      Track 4 and 5 also after 35 minutes. The others are still moving slowly.
      In task manager I see 4 times lame, 4 times Coreconverter and
      4 times conhost.

Comment

• axf756
        • May 2016

Correction: of course there were no lame processes in task manager. That was before with MP3.

In the end with test conversion all but one tracks have been converted after a long time.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Try to install R15.4 (even the trial) and convert to Wave as a test. The flac codec has been updated in the last 4 years.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• axf756
            • May 2016

I will upgrade on the weekend. Have to find my license information first.

Anyway, I found out that track 2 is the problem. If I try to convert this track,
            I have to cancel the application in task manager, and every other conversion
            thereafter hangs until I reboot (which also has to be forced). In task manager
            I always see conhost processes, what makes me think, that there might be a hidden
            message waiting for a reply. Track 2 is not different from other tracks of this CD,
            apart from the song title. It even needed less frame re-rips than other tracks.

Comment

Working...

]]>