title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper Standard Tag Names

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chip
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2008

CD Ripper Standard Tag Names

Hi all,
    I am am wondering about the actual tag names that are written to the files, not the displayed names or values being written.

I am running into some discrepancies using different programs reading different tag names for what is essentially the same tag.
    Example: "Album Artist" or "AlbumArtist" or ALBUMARTIST"

I am sure CD Ripper has a list of the Tag values it writes but I can not seem to find it.

Can someone point me to the default tag names that are created when I rip a CD to flac using CD Ripper?

Thanks,
    Chip
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper Standard Tag Names

If you are talking about flac, there exists no official standard for Album artist, so we use the most common variety.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Chip
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2008

I am talking about flac.

If I do not configure anything special what are default the tag names that are used when ripping a CD?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

AlbumArtist

Many are configurable, via: dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs Advanced under the FLAC ID Tagging section.

Case makes no difference in FLAC tags, so ARTIST and aRtist are the same thing.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>