title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Asset Upnp for Synology

Re: Asset Upnp for Synology

I've been thinking about buying either a Synology DS118 or a DS218+ with WD Red or Ironwolf Drives ( depending on the $ ).
    My music files are FLAC Lossless ripped with dbP.
    I am wondering if Asset UPnP works ok with the Synology range.?
    ie does the difference in processor types across their range make any difference?
    Or any other issues that I should be wary of?
    Thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have s 1513+ and it works well. I have my music ripped as FLAC and have Asset transcode it to WAV on the fly while playing and processor doesn't notice particularly. Previously I successfully ran Asset on a Raspberry Pi so it doesn't need a huge amount of horsepower! Nothing particular to note really: it works well.
    Philip

Odd thing. I'm running the trial version of Asset on my Synology DS216+ii. It has been working well but, apparently reverted to the free version because the trial has expired. I can still access my files through Asset using foobar2000's UPnP browser. fb2000 is running on my Windows 10 PC. But if I go to the NAS, I cannot find the program in the Package Center or Drop Down program list. It is there, but invisible.

Two questions:

1. Business: I want to purchase Asset but I can't find the program. Where'd it go? Or, perhaps, "how can I make it visible on my NAS?" might be a better way to put it.

2. Tech: When I select albums using the "Jukebox" feature, Asset will load them to my playlist more than once, how can I get them to load only once. I am using "BubbleUPnP" running Android as my controller.

Thanks.

Administrator

2: you mean the same album might appear more than once?

Yes... say I select a couple of albums, their tracks will mix and appear several times each in the playlist. Sorry, I have to work from memory rather than duplicating the problem and forwarding a screenshot because, as I noted, my trial is over, and I can't find "Asset" on my Synology to buy it. (I can actually, using PuTTY, it has just disappeared from the GUI. Also, it still serves my music up as it would in the free version. So, Asset is there; it has just gone undercover.)

Administrator

The results are true random, it is possible for a track to appear twice, the more tracks you have the less likely this will happen.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by david.d120 View Post
    Odd thing. I'm running the trial version of Asset on my Synology DS216+ii. It has been working well but, apparently reverted to the free version because the trial has expired. I can still access my files through Asset using foobar2000's UPnP browser. fb2000 is running on my Windows 10 PC. But if I go to the NAS, I cannot find the program in the Package Center or Drop Down program list. It is there, but invisible.

Two questions:

1. Business: I want to purchase Asset but I can't find the program. Where'd it go? Or, perhaps, "how can I make it visible on my NAS?" might be a better way to put it.

2. Tech: When I select albums using the "Jukebox" feature, Asset will load them to my playlist more than once, how can I get them to load only once. I am using "BubbleUPnP" running Android as my controller.

Thanks.
    Re invisible Asset

I'm afraid I have no idea how this is possible, however Synology's package management is a bit strange, it's been known to have other weird issues with packages that did not come from their store.

Does rebooting the NAS correct it?

Can you please try reinstalling trial version Asset to see if it then becomes visible? Existing Asset configuration should be intact as long as you don't manually uninstall it first, which you can't do anyway if it's invisible.

Does rebooting the NAS correct it?
    No.

Can you please try reinstalling trial version Asset to see if it then becomes visible? Existing Asset configuration should be intact as long as you don't manually uninstall it first, which you can't do anyway if it's invisible.
    I downloaded a fresh copy of the trial/free version and installed it to my Synology DS216+ii with the following effect:

• Main Menu: Asset does not show up.

• Package Center > Installed: Asset is displayed (see attached image.)

• Package Center > All Packages: Asset does not show up.

Attachment 2466

Update:

I used the newly visible GUI to uninstall the free/trial version. I checked in PuTTy and the uninstall was successful. I then purchased the registered version and installed it. After installing, it appears in the GUI just as the trial/free version did.
    Last edited by david.d120; 08-30-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Alicantney View Post
    Peter, thanks for that info. No worries, I'll continue as I was. I have a second more sophisticated system elsewhere, and I'll try Asset again in a few weeks' time.
    Follow up
    Asset R6.4 now comes with an ARMv5 binary, which should work on old Synology machines.
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...inux-R6-4-beta
    Testing welcome.

I upgraded my Synology DS418Play DSM to 7.0.1-42218 but then discovered that Asset was no longer working. I have now re-installed and got it running ok but cannot see any music and have forgotten how to specify the file location. Can anyone help please? Thanks!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The format for the reference is [COLOR=*000000]/volume1/media where the vilume1 is the disk volume as defined in DSM on the SYnology. Funny if it reset as the upgrade changed nothing on my setup, all remained working fine . . .

[/COLOR]