title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Asset Upnp for Synology

Re: Asset Upnp for Synology

No, I'm afraid that didn't fix it. Maybe my NAS is just too under-specced. It only has 128MB of memory. 3TB hard drive.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Alicantney View Post
    No, I'm afraid that didn't fix it. Maybe my NAS is just too under-specced. It only has 128MB of memory. 3TB hard drive.
    I suspect only 128MB memory is far too small. I'm quite surprised Minim worked to be honest, mine uses 250MB, with "only" just over 1000 albums, whereas Asset on the same machine is only using 50MB!

Super Moderator

Please log into your DS112j using SSH, run the following command:
    uname -a
    ... and post the output.

It is likely that this NAS model comes with some unsupported CPU model, or a Linux kernel too old for Asset to run. The above command will reveal these details.
    128MB is also less than I had on my lowest-spec test unit (256MB), but it should not prevent Asset from installing.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Please log into your DS112j using SSH, run the following command:
    uname -a
    ... and post the output.

It is likely that this NAS model comes with some unsupported CPU model, or a Linux kernel too old for Asset to run. The above command will reveal these details.
    128MB is also less than I had on my lowest-spec test unit (256MB), but it should not prevent Asset from installing.
    Hi Peter

The command returns:

Linux DiskStation 2.6.32.12 *23824 Fri Sep 7 12:47:49 CST 2018 armv5tel GNU/Linux synology_88f6281_112j

I hope that is useful, because it means buggerall to me! When I bought it. the NAS wasprobably at the bottom of the Synology range, but was perfect for the intened task as a music server. It can still run Synology's Media Server and MinimServer so no great loss if I can't use Asset, but it would have been nice to try it.

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Alicantney View Post
    It can still run Synology's Media Server and MinimServer so no great loss if I can't use Asset, but it would have been nice to try it.

Thanks.
    Have you uninstalled Minimserver & the required Java to free up space.???
    Also what other programs do you have running & do you really need them. Uninstalling Minimserver & Synology's Media Server will remove them from your NAS OS, but they're still available from the Synology 'Package Center' on www link.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the uname output.
    I'm sorry to say that DS112j has ARMv5 CPU which is not currently supported by Asset.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Thanks for the uname output.
    I'm sorry to say that DS112j has ARMv5 CPU which is not currently supported by Asset.

Peter, thanks for that info. No worries, I'll continue as I was. I have a second more sophisticated system elsewhere, and I'll try Asset again in a few weeks' time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try deleting the file and re-download, you might have only part of the install.
    Similar problem, different NAS: DS212J which apparently, has a Marvell ARM 88F6281, single core, 1.2 GHz processor.
    Fails to complete the installation and leaves an icon with "Error" under Installed packages.
    I have deleted and re-tried with new download (size 12,391 KB) with no better result).

This is the correct download, I take it?

Administrator

This NAS is also ARMv5, sorry it is not supported.

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Synology 918+ , there is no Asset Upnp ?

Administrator

EDITED BY PETER: Intel x86 and x86_64 is supported.

=== original post ====
    Sorry no, it has an Intel processor.
    Last edited by PeterP; 05-20-2019 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Corrected

Dear Mr Spoon,

May I understand by "As far as we are aware, Asset runs on all Synology NAS" that Asset also runs for DS415play with an Intel Atom 1.6Ghz processor?

kind regards,
    Philippe

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PhS View Post
    Dear Mr Spoon,

May I understand by "As far as we are aware, Asset runs on all Synology NAS" that Asset also runs for DS415play with an Intel Atom 1.6Ghz processor?
    This is an interesting HEADS UP; the latest Synology's have mostly gone to Intel processors & a few Realtek. I was considering getting a new Synology with a lot more HP for better video performance. If had done that & found I couldn't use Asset I would've been very p***ed off.
    I've got this on hold until we know whats going on - or I might go QNAP

Super Moderator

Clarifying:

Intel x86 and x86_64 - that is whole range of Intel, including Atoms - is supported

Sorry about the wrong info. I should have replied sooner.

You can always get the trial version of Asset and see if it works on your unit, and report the results back. If the trial version works, the registered one will also.
    If there are errors during the installation, I'm pretty sure they're due to something else than the Intel CPU and need to be investigated by us.

Finally, with some Linux knowledge, you can get regular (Linux) version of Asset running manually if installing the SPK fails.
    Last edited by PeterP; 05-20-2019 at 04:22 AM.