title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Asset Upnp for Synology

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset Upnp for Synology

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If they do not supply via their store then there is no easy way of getting the Config page, also when the OS updates I believe it wipes the app if not through their store.
    Am a bit puzzled by this. Since the .spk beta was released, Asset has pretty much been behaving as a regular app in the Package Center, perhaps with a couple of minor glitches. I have done some minor OS updates and all was well with the app not being wiped(unlike the back-end install of Asset I tried before). To offer two examples, MinimServer and Plex both offer .spk files for latest versions and these run just fine after OS updates without being installed via the store. I know that in the past the MinimServer developer has encountered long delays in getting Synology to post the latest version to the store, and the current Plex .spk version is way ahead of that in the Synology store. So you might want to check if dependence on the store is really necessary for purchase? And double-check that the current manual install of an .spk file does indeed preserve the installation after an OS update?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

............... also when the OS updates I believe it wipes the app if not through their store.
    A new DSM (OS) revision was released a week or so ago, my DS214 auto-updated to it & Asset UPnP was unaffected.
    I agree AC16161's concerns over Synology keeping up with changes, they really are poor in that area.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

BIG THANKS for the full release of Asset UPnP for Synology.

Hi
    I am considering purchasing Synology DS218play, and just want to make 100% sure whether Asset upnp is compliant to run on this NAS.
    best regards
    Arnie

Administrator

As far as we are aware, Asset runs on all Synology NAS

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just a post to say Asset is going well on the Synology.

I do however have a question: I'm looking for a solution to a very minor 'artist' display issue in the configuration browse tree.
    As an e.g. I have a number of albums from one artist, when I browse the artist I see all the album covers, plus a number of the same album cover(s) where that artist has tracks duet'd with other artists. Not a problem in itself, but I would prefer to see only the actual albums, not the spurious tracks.
    Apart from changing the metadata, is there a simpler way in config browse tree ???

Synology DS214 - Naim NDX - Naim iPad (iOS) app
    Last edited by Mike-B; 01-24-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Administrator

Try when browsing:

Additional >> Album Artist / Album

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Try when browsing:
    Additional >> Album Artist / Album
    Thanks, that works, as does Album Artist/Album on the top browse tree line.
    Problem is that any album with the Album Artist tag not completed is missing, & I have a few of those so have some work to do.

Thanks for sharing your asnwer so quickly!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
    Thanks, that works, as does Album Artist/Album on the top browse tree line.
    Problem is that any album with the Album Artist tag not completed is missing, & I have a few of those so have some work to do.
    OK all the missing Album Artist tag's have been added/restored. Big +1 for PerfectTUNES ID Tags.
    Only problem is browsing with Additional >> Album Artist/Album & Album Artist/Album does not show DSD albums.
    More experimenting over the next days I guess
    Last edited by Mike-B; 01-24-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Working fine on a DS918+

Recommended - much better than any of Synology's own offerings for general device compatibility, album art display etc.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
    Last remaining problem is browsing with Additional >> Album Artist/Album & Album Artist/Album does not show DSD albums.
    More experimenting over the next days I guess
    I've gone through all the DSD album metadata & found most had empty Album Artist tag's, after a few clicks & copy/paste's using Mp3Tag they are all now visible on the Naim iOS app with browsing tree top line on "Album Artist/Album".
    So looks like I'm all set, I now need to get used to the way it all works.
    Last edited by Mike-B; 01-25-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Everything perfect.
    Last edited by Thorsten Lux; 01-26-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Hello
    I have a second, simple music system based on a Synology DS112j feeding a Naim Unitiqute. To date I've been using Minimserver which has had no problems dealing with the almost 6,000 albums on the NAS. After reading many favourable reviews of Asset I was very pleased to see that it was now available for Synology products. Unfortunately, when I tried to install the spk file, I got the message "Installation failed. Please try again". There is nothing else running on the NAS - I even stopped Minimserver. Could the install fail be due to the lowly specification of the NAS, or is there some trick that I'm missing? It would be nice to give it a try. Thanks,
    Ali

Administrator

Try deleting the file and re-download, you might have only part of the install.