title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Upnp for Synology

Super Moderator

Re: Asset Upnp for Synology

Album art serving bug is being investigated and will be addressed for the next update, thanks for reporting.

Super Moderator

In meanwhile it would help to pin the bug down if you could:
    - Open Asset settngs, enable debug logging, apply
    - Recreate the bug
    - Get UPnP log via Asset configuration, email it over to peter@dbpoweramp.com

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just to say thanks for introducing the option in v5 beta 8 to disable server-side scaling, this has fixed the missing art issue and also gets around the glitchy resolution problem that is a bug on the Linn Kazoo side.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Was that not included in R5 & R4 - on my Asset for RaspberryPi I have a 'no resize' option on the 'Size Album Art' configuration setting?

All my Album Artwork from Asset to the Naim app working just fine, & there some are pretty big ones in the 3800x3800 7MB jpeg files.

Thanks
    Simon

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by simes_pep View Post
    Was that not included in R5 & R4 - on my Asset for RaspberryPi I have a 'no resize' option on the 'Size Album Art' configuration setting?

All my Album Artwork from Asset to the Naim app working just fine, & there some are pretty big ones in the 3800x3800 7MB jpeg files.

Thanks
    Simon
    There are two different things here: the previous option "Size Album Art" which forces size-limiting on the server side, as I understand it, then the new option "Support server-side album art resizing" which responds to requests from the client to supply a particular size. In the past that function has been on by default, for clients like Linn Kazoo which can request specific sizes to reduce load on the wi-fi. However, Linn implement this in a glitchy way, which can result in poor resolution of art in tile views (and also compromise hi-res art in full-screen on retina displays), and in my case, even result in art being missing entirely. By disabling server-side resizing completely Assset will ignore requests from the client to re-size.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok, I see now. So the 'Size Album Art' is a hard configuration settting, and as Assets scans and builds its database will maintain artwork at a particular size regardless of its original size. Then there is a dynamic resizing function based on requests from the client and is client implementation dependant, and this option turns that off completely. So the artwork is served as per that embedded in the file or in the folder without change.
    Given I have no issue with Artwork resolution, I have no idea how the Naim app deals with it & whether it requests it resized or does this on the display hardware.
    But good to understand and have this function in case this gets broken in the future.
    Good to hear that the issue is solved for Linn Kazoo users, as I only imagine that it must of beeen frustrating.

Simon

Super Moderator

New beta posted. A bug causing album art resizing to fail has been fixed.

A bit of clarification-
    Asset supports two kinds of album art resizing.
    It presents all album artwork URLs with ?size=0 suffix, that way compatible clients (Linn) know that they can request specific size; if the client changes the suffix to ?size=N, Asset will attempt to serve the picture downscaled to NxN (but not if the picture is already not larger than NxN).
    Additionally, you can configure Asset to serve album art at specific size unless asked otherwise by the client.

The new option disables both kinds of album art resizing entirely and will cause Asset to serve full size images only - and also stop giving the ?size=0 suffix so the client knows not to ask for resized pictures.
    It makes sense if:
    - Your server has a very slow CPU (older Raspberry Pi models, QNAP TS-109 and such)
    - Your client does something undesirable (Linn)
    - Troubleshooting other bugs (ac16161's case, now hopefully fixed).

Hi,

Will there be any updates for Armv5 Processor for Synology? I installed Asset-QNAP-x09.tar.gz and works fine, any beta's I can install to work with DS212+?
    thx

Hi
    I'm having trouble trying to make asset run permanantly, I'm using a synology DS 216play and have installed the Raspberry script as per instructions at the beginning of post, if i log in to asset using putty i can open asset and configure using http://diskstation:45537. As soon as i come out of putty the connection drops and I no longer have asset. I'm not that advanced in program knowledge, so am I right in thinking that you open Putty session and then open ./AssetUPnP and just type the code To autostart Asset

cd /etc/init
    cat > asset.conf
    start on started synonetd
    stop on runlevel [06]
    exec /usr/bin/asset/bin/AssetUPnP

'CTRL+d' to save

or does make an 'asset.conf' script file mean I have to open a folder called asset.conf and place the code into that. My objective is to play music via pioneer amp which is dnla compliant using asset rather than the home media gallery installed into Pioneer. Hope this makes sense.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by royaltiger View Post
    Hi
    I'm having trouble trying to make asset run permanantly, I'm using a synology DS 216play and have installed the Raspberry script as per instructions at the beginning of post, if i log in to asset using putty i can open asset and configure using http://diskstation:45537. As soon as i come out of putty the connection drops and I no longer have asset. I'm not that advanced in program knowledge, so am I right in thinking that you open Putty session and then open ./AssetUPnP and just type the code To autostart Asset

cd /etc/init
    cat > asset.conf
    stop on runlevel [06]

'CTRL+d' to save

or does make an 'asset.conf' script file mean I have to open a folder called asset.conf and place the code into that. My objective is to play music via pioneer amp which is dnla compliant using asset rather than the home media gallery installed into Pioneer. Hope this makes sense.
    I too had problems initially with getting Asset to stay running, the instructions at the beginning of this thread do not quite work. The trick is not to start asset from a command line but instead to create the asset.conf script file and then re-boot. If you open Putty the commands you've posted create a file called asset.conf the contents of which are everything that follows the "cat" command, and it lives in the /etc/init directory (if you have write-access issues type the sudo -i command first). Once asset.conf is created you just need to re-boot and Asset should start automatically.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by royaltiger View Post
    Hi

cd /etc/init
    cat > asset.conf
    stop on runlevel [06]

'CTRL+d' to save

To create a persistent instance of Asset you need to create a file called asset.conf in the /etc/init directory and then re-boot. The asset.conf file is created by the cat > asset.conf command after you move to the /etc/init directory, then the following lines are what is stored in the file. You may need to type "sudo -i" before changing to the /etc/init directory to give you the required privileges. You only need to do this once, thereafter whenever you-reboot Asset will auto-start. I too had trouble at first due to the instructions at the start of the thread referring to starting Asset directly from .../asset/bin, but I could never get configuration to work properly (my ealier posts describe my journey in that regard). Avoiding all that and using the asset.conf script is perfectly reliable in my experience.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is there any reason why the Intel debian 64 build of Asset would not run on an Intel Atom 64 Synology NAS? Am looking at the DS1515+. Thanks.

Administrator

It should work, however it is one we have not tested.

Ok I seem to have sorted out Asset DS215play, my Pioneer amp is recognising the server and the music on server, but all the music seems to be unavailable to access, I have all the tracks showing, but it is showing an explanation mark on the track, and slightly greyed out as if its locked. If i switch servers back to normal DS215play. I can access and play music no problem

Administrator

It likely means the amp cannot play that type of audio, you can set asset to transcode the file type to wave, or lpcm which it will be able to play.