title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Guidance on Library and Settings Override Scripts.

Guidance on Library and Settings Override Scripts.

I am hoping someone has more examples of overrides for settings and script for library exclusions as unfortunately the few provided are not helping me achieve my objective.

I have a few different streamers in the house all using an AssetUpNp library on a Pi3 with USB HDD attached.

Some of my streamers are able to play everything i have irrespective of quality while others are only capable of streaming CD quality (lossless FLACs).

I believe the answer is to either script "Settings Override (Control Point Specific)" to have certain streamers reencode on the fly, or alternatively script the "Library Exclusions" and use 2 libraries, one for All and the other to only show less than a certain quality file.

Can anyone help?

Cheers Jason

Administrator

Re: Guidance on Library and Settings Override Scripts.

The override is based on control point, not player, so if using the same control point for all players it will not work.

A simpler way is to create new asset instances and change the settings there, then choose the different asset instance for each player.

Re: Guidance on Library and Settings Override Scripts.

I did plan to use a separate library, would utilising one where the "Stream As" setting for FLAC being set to WAV ensure that only 44/16 streams are delivered to the Pi/DAC combination I need it for?

Thanks