title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Upnp for Synology

Re: Asset Upnp for Synology

Thankyou, that is now working by changing to LPCM, I didn't understand why it could read the wav file in normal synology server, but not the AssetUPnP

Just a reminder for everyone, update DSM 6.0 to 6.1 will erase the whole Asset UPnP so have to install again

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    Just a reminder for everyone, update DSM 6.0 to 6.1 will erase the whole Asset UPnP so have to install again
    But fortunately does not remove configuration, so reinstall is quite painless.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have configured asset and pointed it to your music location?
    To which path should it point? Is it just the sharename like music or should Volume1 be included like Volume1/music? Tried both but still Asset cant find my music.

Administrator

It would have to be the local path, if you SSH into the synology and browse to the location of your music, such as:

cd /usr/

with the correct path(usr was just an example), once you can see your music, that is the path you need to enter into asset.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ac16161 View Post
    Is there any reason why the Intel debian 64 build of Asset would not run on an Intel Atom 64 Synology NAS? Am looking at the DS1515+. Thanks.
    For anyone for whom this may be of interest, can confirm the Intel x64 build runs on a Synology 416play without a hitch.

I have purchased Asset Upnp for Raspberry Pi and installed it on my Synology DS416slim. It runs fine. However, as noted above it gets erased every time a DSM update is installed. Synology regularly (at least monthly) releases updates (mostly to fix vulnerabilities), so one has to re-install Asset Upnp quite often.
    https://www.synology.com/de-de/releaseNote/DS416slim
    Is there any chance that a proper synology package of Asset Upnp will be available from the package center in the future? Or at least not having to reinstall every time a DSM update is released would be really great.

I have purchased Asset Upnp for Raspberry Pi and installed it on my Synology DS416slim. It runs fine. However, as noted above it gets erased every time a DSM update is installed. Synology regularly (at least monthly) releases updates (mostly to fix vulnerabilities), so one has to re-install Asset Upnp quite often.
    https://www.synology.com/de-de/releaseNote/DS416slim
    Is there any chance that a proper synology package of Asset Upnp will be available from the package center in the future? Or at least not having to reinstall every time a DSM update is released would be really great.

Changes for installing AssetUPnP R6 on Synology Nas:
    As the folder structure has been changed, the main directory "bin" is now installed at "/usr/bin/asset/Asset-R6-Linux-x64-trial/bin" instead of "/usr/bin/asset/bin"
    Therefore you have to either:
    change asset.conf line 3 to "exec /usr/bin/asset/Asset-R6-Linux-x64-trial/bin"
    or
    move the new "bin" folder to the old position via winscp or ssh (from "/usr/bin/asset/Asset-R6-Linux-x64-trial/bin" to "/usr/bin/asset/bin")
    Database directory is still "/root/.dBpoweramp"

Before installing the new Version 6 i recommend to delete the old Version, as there might be conflicts in regard to the new image-layout.

kind regards
    h

@tegetege:
    you may try the following instead of reinstalling asset after it has been wiped due to a large DSM-update:
    logon your Nas with winscp and copy the folder /usr/bin/asset (since Version 6 /usr/bin/asset/Asset-R6-Linux-x64-trial) onto your PC.
    as DSM updates dont touch the "asset.conf" file nor the database /root/.dBpoweramp you should just have to copy back the folder once it has been wiped, and restart your Nas.
    I have not tried this way as there was no update since i had this idea, but if there are no user-right problems with that folder it should probably work and save a lot of typing.

kind regards
    h

HELP, I have a Synology DS412+ I've followed the instructions above and when I get to step "cd /usr/bin/asset/bin./AssetUPnP", I get the line "-ash: cd: /usr/bin/asset/bin./AssetUPnP: No such File or directory". I am not an advanced programmer, so I'm stuck here and would appreciate any assistance at moving forward. I'm trying to get Asset on my NAS for use with a Simaudio Mind 180.

Administrator

cd /usr/bin/asset
    ./AssetUPnP

or

./Asset-R6-Linux-x64-trial

Super Moderator

Dear userbase,

An official Asset package for Synology has just been released:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-for-Mac-Linux

It includes binaries for every mainstream CPU, just like the QNAP version; the correct binary is launched automatically.

If you encounter any issues, please post the exact NAS model and DSM software version.

Happy testing.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Dear userbase,

An official Asset package for Synology has just been released:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-for-Mac-Linux

It includes binaries for every mainstream CPU, just like the QNAP version; the correct binary is launched automatically.

If you encounter any issues, please post the exact NAS model and DSM software version.

Happy testing.
    Thanks for the update to make this happen! So far it's installed and allowing me to view some of my content. I've got a large collection, so assuming it takes a while. I'll likely purchase soon, so which option do I select on your Illustrate Asset purchase page?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Peter
    I installed the beta3 package and that worked fine. I found the .dBpoweramp directory in /usr/syno/etc/packages/Asset/.dBpoweramp and manipulated things as I wanted. I have just installed the beta 4 package and it didn't read the existing configuration, the /usr/syno/etc/packages/Asset directory is there but empty. The .dBpoweramp directory must be somewhere but can't seem to find it? Where is it please and would installing a new package automatically delete all existing settings?
    Philip