title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset Upnp for Synology

Super Moderator

Re: Asset Upnp for Synology

The error message implies some sort of CPU architecture mismatch. Which exact Asset flavour are you trying? I'm guessing that the x86 (32-bit) version is the one that's most likely to work.

I've been looking up Synology DS213 specifications but their website says nothing useful about the exact CPU model.

In order to give us some idea what kind of system this is, please run the following command in the NAS shell:
    uname -a
    ... and post the output it produces here.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset Version? Raspberry pi is what the instructions here indicate.

root@XXXXXXStation:/usr/bin/asset/bin* uname -a
    Linux XXXXXXStation 2.6.32.12 *8451 Wed Aug 17 05:12:01 CST 2016 armv5tel GNU/Linux synology_88f6282_213

Super Moderator

I'm very sorry to say that this CPU architecture is not supported by us - Raspberry Pi build is for ARMv7.

Update: I made standalone tarball with binaries for QNAP x09 series - which are similar in configuration to your Synology unit, but I cannot guarantee that this will be of any help; these have been compiled with QNAP tools and reference QNAP's uclibc flavour which may differ from what you have. At least the CPU architecture does match.
    Link: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-QNAP-x09.tar.gz

I have attempted making a generic build for this CPU architecture before but failed to find a C library setup that works on my QNAP TS-109 so I gave up.
    Last edited by PeterP; 09-22-2016 at 07:40 AM. Reason: QNAP tarball

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have Asset running on a Synology DS214. However, after I sorted out all the configuration, I saved an auto-restart script, and on re-booting, Asset started, but all the settings I'd configured were gone. How can the configuration be saved on re-boots?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ac16161 View Post
    I have Asset running on a Synology DS214. However, after I sorted out all the configuration, I saved an auto-restart script, and on re-booting, Asset started, but all the settings I'd configured were gone. How can the configuration be saved on re-boots?
    Well, perhaps the problem was that I configured Asset having started it from a command line, then re-launched it via the script. Now that it starts via the script, the configuration is retained on a re-boot.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Does running the Raspberry Pi version of Asset have any known album-art issues? I'm running the latest version, have a small number of albums for which Asset is refusing to pick up album art that MinimServer has no trouble with, no obvious reason why. Doing a full re-scan does not fix it.

Super Moderator

No known issues specific to the Raspberry Pi version, if there's a bug, it most likely affects all versions.
    There were similar bug reports during the beta cycle of Asset R5 but I never managed to get to the bottom of it.
    Are you missing album art from regular views by artist/album/etc or in "folders & filename browsing" views?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    No known issues specific to the Raspberry Pi version, if there's a bug, it most likely affects all versions.
    There were similar bug reports during the beta cycle of Asset R5 but I never managed to get to the bottom of it.
    Are you missing album art from regular views by artist/album/etc or in "folders & filename browsing" views?
    In regular tag views most art is present, and if there is genuinely no art I get a silhouette icon, but for a small number of artists Linn Kinsky shows an exclamation mark when there is in fact art available. The folder view shows art at the artist folder level for a handful of cases but otherwise shows a folder icon. Down at the album folder level in some cases there is art shown which is missing from the Artist/Album view, but then the art is missing again when browsing down at the track level.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If this thread is still monitored, is there any chance that the album art issue with the Raspberry Pi version might be looked into? A small number of albums have missing album art, yet the same albums have no issues with Minimserver or Synology's own Media Server, so this is an Asset issue. I've looked at the tags carefully and the albums are completely unremarkable in terms of art resolution/size, tags etc. I've tried deleting /.dBpoweramp and re-installing, a couple of betas of 5.0, and 4.7.2 as well, and they all trip up on the same albums. It seems very peculiar as it's so random. There are features of Asset that I like, but it's hard to move beyond the trial version with this glitch. Thanks.

Administrator

If you would like to upload a file from the album to dropbox and provide a link via personal mail on this forum please.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

An update on the missing art issue. I've just found out that for the albums where art is missing when browsing via a Linn app on my iPad, the album art appears when I start playback. Previously I have just observed the missing art in browsing mode and had not attempted playback. Possibly a clue to where the problem might be?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Example via Kinsky: note how the "browse art is missing", but because playback has started, I can now access the art in the top left and if I tap it, I get the full-screen version.

IMG_0003.jpg

With Kazoo however, I get no art at all.
    Last edited by ac16161; 12-04-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Administrator

Your network, it consists of a single IP address range, such as 192.168.1.x

or you connect also to offsite VPN?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have a straightforward network arrangement, one IP range (NAS is static) and no VPN. All devices with wired capability have a direct connection to a switch, wi-fi via a couple of Airport Extremes.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Having eventually managed to get a Windows version of Asset running (v6), I pointed the library to my Synology NAS, and the album-art issue has gone via Windows Asset, which seems to point conclusively to this being an issue with linux Asset itself rather than the files or my home conifguration?