title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper Crash While Editing ID Tag Processing Manipulation

CD Ripper Crash While Editing ID Tag Processing Manipulation

Hopefully I'm supposed to put bug reports here, otherwise, I'd appreciate someone pointing me to the right place.

Running dBpoweramp CD Ripper 15.4.1 (the paid-for version) on OS X 10.11.5. I can consistently cause a crash while editing or adding a new replacement set within the ID Type Processing DSP. Example:
    DSP Effects / ID Tag Processing / Settings / Manipulation / Word Character Replacement / Set

Under "To Replace" type a space followed by any character(s)
    Under "Replace With" type only the same characters (in other words, I was trying to eliminate a blank)
    Press OK, and it crashes every time

What I'm trying to do is eliminate excessive blanks in a tag when a word is being deleted, e.g. I have found multiple places where the databases pull up artists that have something like [Piano] after their name in the sort version of the tag (and other such things). I can have CD Ripper delete them by putting [Piano] in the Word Character Replacement set and leaving "replace with" on that line blank. Great. ...but what then fails is if a name has multiple artists in the same tag, with one or more of them that had something removed, so I'm then left with a space I don't want, e.g.
    Source artist tag data from the databases may be something like: Allen, Peter [Piano]; Smith, Sally; Fantastic, Fred
    If I only delete [Piano] using the DSP effect, I'm left with Allen, Peter ; Smith, Sally; Fantastic Fred

which isn't quite right ...so I was trying to put in a duplicate replacement pair in the DSP Effect with either " ;" and ";" to squeeze things together, or repeat all the combinations looking for the same thing with a leading blank in front of the words when I found the leading blank causing the crash.

Hope that makes sense. THANKS
    Last edited by BertL; 05-20-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Super Moderator

Re: CD Ripper Crash While Editing ID Tag Processing Manipulation

Thanks for your feedback.

The crash bug has been fixed in the latest beta version-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...OSX-R15-5-beta

Re: CD Ripper Crash While Editing ID Tag Processing Manipulation

Quote Originally Posted by peterp View Post
    thanks for your feedback.

The crash bug has been fixed in the latest beta version-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...osx-r15-5-beta
    thank you