title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Drive Listed in AccurateRip Database Twice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kdjelle
    • May 2016

Drive Listed in AccurateRip Database Twice

Hi. I'm trying to configure AccurateRip on an ASUS CRW-5232AS, and I'm encountering a problem similar to the one described in this thread: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...nfigure-in-EAC

The initial "Configure AccurateRip" window lists the "expected offset" as +6, but the "previous my offset" as -582. I've tried more than a hundred discs, most of which return an error stating that the disc can't be used because "it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc, or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored." A dozen or so of these discs have returned a different error: "AccurateRip will not key to this offset as it miss-matches the drive database offset. [ Calculated offset value: -582 samples, -2328 bytes. ]"

So I checked the database at http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm, and I see the drive listed twice, first as "- CRW-5232AS" with a -582 offset that matches my drive, then again as "ASUS - CRW-5232AS" with the incorrect offset value of +6. Is this something that might require a purge to fix, or is there something I should be doing to make sure AccurateRip identifies my drive as the first entry?

Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Drive Listed in AccurateRip Database Twice

I am reluctant to purge it based on the number of users presented here, ASUS - CRW-5232AS is a popular drive (relatively) and has been configured 109 times with that +6 offset. The issue is if we purge the drive, then the OS X version of dBpoweramp would not configure any offset for that drive.

See if there is a newer firmware for you drive.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kdjelle
      • May 2016

Re: Drive Listed in AccurateRip Database Twice

Understood. Thank you.

Comment

Working...

]]>