title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Empty / Blank FLAC files using dbPoweramp Ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMC
    • May 2016

Empty / Blank FLAC files using dbPoweramp Ripper

For some reason I am finding FLAC files that I have created/ripped from CDs using ripper/batch ripper look good when ripping, create a file and my player looks to be playing content, title shows, progress meter moves, but there is no sound. This seems to happen toward the end of CDs. Help?!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Empty / Blank FLAC files using dbPoweramp Ripper

Does accuraterip verify the tracks?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hedgejamz01
      • May 2016

I think I experienced the same situation as well, -no audio but the counter/timer counts time (also the track filesizes seem appropriate i.e. 28,177KB, 30,956KB etc-FLAC) and of course yes I have sound with iTunes, CDs, and my Windows7. But i jus downloaded dbPoweramp 15.3 this week so thought i didnt click the right options. My main issue is really this - How do i get to the 'player in dbPoweramp to play my files? The only player controls are in the dbPoweramp CD Ripper tool, the others are jus a Batch Converter and Music Converter. I checked the Configure-Codecs tab and .cda, .flac decoders are shown which i believe is correct. I mean you can listen/playback the audio files, right? If I open the CD ripper tool it immediately says INSERT AUDIO cd and shows my drive location box (i.e. [F: DVD-RW DS8A8SH] Is this only a ripper and not a player too? I know I cant use iTunes or Win Media Player for FLAC audio. I figured dBPOWERAMP would let me play after converting. I have around 14 days left and my trial expires. I guess where im lost is - Cant i assign dbPoweramp as my audio/flac program and it open and play without asking for a cd.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp is not a player, you are best ripping to Apple Lossless if you want iTunes compatibility.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>