title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Codec Help

Codec Help

I run dBpoweramp alongside a commercial broadcast automation system (AudioVAULT). AV uses the QDesign MP2 Codec (even though I don't use compression, it loads with the system). Everytime I try to convert an audio file via the right click option (for example, from .wav to FLAC), I get a QDesign popup that asks me to register. If I cancel out of it, all is well, but if I am converting multiple files, I have to cancel over and over again.

I tried installing the MP2 from Codec Central and it didn't help?

Any ideas?

Administrator

Re: Codec Help

You are running dBpoweramp to convert? by right clicking on a wave file >> Convert To >> then select flac as encoder?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You are running dBpoweramp to convert? by right clicking on a wave file >> Convert To >> then select flac as encoder?
    That is correct. If I use the right click to convert or run the batch converter, I have this problem.

For example. If I use the batch converter to do 12 files and am using all of my CPU cores, I will have to cancel out of that QDesign license window 12 times to let each core start working.

Administrator

The qdesign codec must be a wave acm decoder, it is not possible to bypass this, you would have to obtain a registered copy of qdesign.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The qdesign codec must be a wave acm decoder, it is not possible to bypass this, you would have to obtain a registered copy of qdesign.
    I thought about doing that... It's $149. It is an ACM decoder, you are correct.

I've done some more troubleshooting. Restoring my base OS image, changing the order of install, etc... I have found a working configuration, but it only works when I back down to version 13.5. If I go to V14+, this reappears. Does that offer any useful information? I've done countless testing since backing down to 13.5 and no matter what I do, I no longer have an issue.

I have verified this on two separate machines now.

Administrator

It does not, sorry.

Okay. I'll do the trial ware of the current version and see if it comes back. If it does not, I will purchase that version. If there is anyway I can offer you any debug information, I'd be happy to do so.

I also run along side Adobe Audition 6.0 and it doesn't present any problems either.