title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

sometimes I want to change the file name but not convert to another format

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrjesserobinson
    • Nov 2011

sometimes I want to change the file name but not convert to another format

I love the fact that dbpoweramp will take a flac file that I've purchased online and not only convert to WAV (my preferred format) but rename the file according to Metadata and put it in the correct folder structure that I've setup according to Metadata, e.g. subfolder with album name etc...

But sometimes I'll download a MP3 that doesn't need to be converted. I want to keep it in it's original MP3 format, but I still want the file name and folder structure to change according to Metadata (which most of the time I'm changing with Edit ID-Tag, to fix mistakes and add album art).

Further, I have a separate database for Serato (DJ software) and I prefer those music files to be in one folder (no sub folders) with the file name to be "Artist - Song Title.wav". I'm looking for a work flow to convert a music file to either home listening (sub folders with artist and albums then "01 Song Title.wav") or for Dj'ing (no sub folders and "Artist - Song Title.wav").

Been struggling to find a simple way. Any help would be appreciated.

-Jesse
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: sometimes I want to change the file name but not convert to another format

Convert flac, MP3, etc. file to [ARRANGE AUDIO] DSP. This only changes file name or directory location based on metadata but does not reencode audio data.

Comment

• mrjesserobinson
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by garym
      Convert flac, MP3, etc. file to [ARRANGE AUDIO] DSP. This only changes file name or directory location based on metadata but does not reencode audio data.
      Awesome! But I don't have that as an option. All I see is:
      [Multi Encoder]
      Aiff
      Apple Lossless
      FLAC
      mp3 (Lame)
      Test Conversion
      Wave

Comment

• mrjesserobinson
        • Nov 2011

Got it! Figured out it was a Utility Code. Just downloaded. Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...

]]>