title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Clipboard

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • durutti
    • Dec 2015

Clipboard

Recently did a conversion of 24K songs and received numerous errors on certain files. So I bought the newest release (had been on 14), and am going to try again. However, I do not know how to access Clipboard to see any errors and look into them. Was hoping someone could help me out. Oh, I use Windows 8. Thanks in advance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Clipboard

If you click 'Copy to Clipboard', you can then open any program, such as notepad, and select Edit >> Paste (or right click in text area and paste).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• durutti
      • Dec 2015

Well, that was easy. So I installed the newest edition and reran my batch conversion, and I think I may have gotten even more errors. Certainly in the hundreds, so there has to be something systemic going on I would think. I will just provide some information, and see if anyone has any clues.

The first error I have is this, and it resembles many of the ones I have.

"Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '\\DISKSTATION\Music-Flac\dbpoweramp\ABBA\Gold; Greatest Hits\07 ABBA - I Have a Dream.flac' to '\\DISKSTATION\mp3 for ipod\07 ABBA - I Have a Dream.mp3'
      Unable to read from File '\\DISKSTATION\Music-Flac\dbpoweramp\ABBA\Gold; Greatest Hits\07 ABBA - I Have a Dream.flac'"

I listened to the flac version with Sonos, and it sounds fine. So I went to the log of when I ripped the CD, and here is the entry:

"dBpoweramp Release 14.2 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Thursday, July 05, 2012 09:39 PM

Drive & Settings
      ----------------

Ripping with drive 'D: [HL-DT-ST - RW/DVD GCC-4247N]', Drive offset: 102, Overread Lead-in/out: No
      AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: Yes, Cache: None, FUA Cache Invalidate: No
      Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max, Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
      Ultra:: Vary Drive Speed: No, Min Passes: 1, Max Passes: 2, Finish After Clean Passes: 1
      Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 60

Encoder: FLAC -compression-level-5 -verify
      DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="ReplayGain=-albummode={qt}0{qt}"

Extraction Log
      --------------

Track 7: Ripped LBA 109608 to 130913 (4:44) in 0:20. Filename: C:\dbpoweramp\ABBA\Gold; Greatest Hits\07 ABBA - I Have a Dream.flac
      AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 71) [Pass 1]
      CRC32: A88C8D45 AccurateRip CRC: 1B15B4E5 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 019-0035f92f-02f501b1-19121513-7]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 71 [CRCv2 1b15b4e5]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200 [CRCv1 f6bfbb8d]
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv2 e20f8871], Using Pressing Offset -271
      AccurateRip Verified Confidence 21 [CRCv1 586eeaeb], Using Pressing Offset -271"

The flac files are on a Synology NAS 713+, and the target folder is also on the NAS. The CDs were ripped with a Lenovo Thinkpad T series, and I remember I looked up the CD drive and it was one of the best ones for that time. Sorry for lots of information, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Also, don't make fun of the track. It is the only ABBA cd I have, and the next error I have is from Zoviet France. Oh, and thanks Spoon for the previous reply.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try copying the file to the local computer, then convert. It could be a permissions issue.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• durutti
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
          Try copying the file to the local computer, then convert. It could be a permissions issue.
          How would that explain the other tracks that converted ok? Also, just checked, and it is 12000 did not convert. That's half. Christ.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is the diskstation which is stopping access to those files.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• durutti
              • Dec 2015

Sorry for the delay. So I copied the flac files from the NAS in batches, loaded them, and then converted. Far fewer errors, perhaps 150. That's awesome, but I would like to understand the reason behind the others. So here is one that looks similar:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'E:\dbpoweramp\Bob Marley\Legend; The Best of Bob Marley & The Wailers\03 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Could You Be Loved.flac' to 'C:\mp3\03 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Could You Be Loved.mp3'
              md5 did not match decoded data, file is corrupt.

Track 3: Ripped LBA 49517 to 67152 (3:55) in 0:19. Filename: C:\dbpoweramp\Bob Marley\Legend; The Best of Bob Marley & The Wailers\03 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Could You Be Loved.flac
              AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 26) [Pass 1]
              CRC32: 7FC00C42 AccurateRip CRC: AABB6E13 [DiscID: 014-001fa539-015039fe-bf0e9a0e-3]
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 26 [CRCv1 aabb6e13]
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 15 [CRCv2 7a8db642], Using Pressing Offset -677
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 109 [CRCv1 6c0013eb], Using Pressing Offset -677
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 4 [CRCv2 d13b86ca], Using Pressing Offset +1857

I see no difference btw that and the other files.Here is another one, again only one on the album.

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'E:\dbpoweramp\Kiss\Double Platinum\01 Kiss - Strutter '78.flac' to 'C:\mp3\01 Kiss - Strutter '78.mp3'
              md5 did not match decoded data, file is corrupt.

Track 1: Ripped LBA 33 to 16708 (3:42) in 0:29. Filename: C:\dbpoweramp\Kiss\Double Platinum\01 Kiss - Strutter '78.flac
              AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 5) [Pass 1]
              CRC32: 7341441B AccurateRip CRC: C44D691E [DiscID: 020-00310f92-02d0778e-16103d14-1]
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 5 [CRCv1 c44d691e]
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv2 f79818b6], Using Pressing Offset -1428
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 48 [CRCv1 cc8b51f1], Using Pressing Offset -1428
              AccurateRip Verified Confidence 5 [CRCv2 7c4f4385], Using Pressing Offset +126

Could it be just a bunch of bad sectors on the HD? If so, I got some reripping to do, but not too bad.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

FLAC has an inbuilt checksum, it allows the data being decoded to be compared to the data which was encoded, so yes, the files are corrupted.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>