title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Still learning. A re-rip of one frame now "matched 10/18" ... what does this mean?

Still learning. A re-rip of one frame now "matched 10/18" ... what does this mean?

Attached is a brief log of one track on a disk that is not matching with AR - I tried multiple times to rip that track (including re-inserting the disk in the drive), but get the same outcome:

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'F:\Music\Eartha Kitt\'Miss Kitt,' To You\08 C'est Si Bon (It's So Good).flac'
    Track 8: Ripped LBA 92290 to 105740 (2:59) in 0:39. Filename: F:\Music\Eartha Kitt\'Miss Kitt,' To You\08 C'est Si Bon (It's So Good).flac
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 6) Secure (Warning) [Pass 1 & 2, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 1 Frames]
    CRC32: FDE116A2 AccurateRip CRC: B0AB12B2 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 016-001a9f78-013f1ea0-d10a9710-8]
    Re-rip Frame: 104088 (00:02:37.293) matched 10 / 18

That re-rip of one frame, says "matched 10 / 18" ... does this mean that the track is now decent? A single erroneous frame ought not to matter too much, right? (I hope!)

So, should I assume that this track rip is in decent enough shape to save away and play? Or would you all be more finicky about this?

There are no observed scratches or any visible problems with the disk - so cleaning is not likely to achieve anything, I think.

Thanks!

Z

Administrator

Re: Still learning. A re-rip of one frame now "matched 10/18" ... what does this mean

The CD drive thinks the track is error free, but if AccurateRip verified the other tracks with a confidence of more than 2, then almost certainly the track has an error (as CD drives cannot self detect all errors).

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Still learning. A re-rip of one frame now "matched 10/18" ... what does this mean

Quote Originally Posted by szhosain View Post
    That re-rip of one frame, says "matched 10 / 18" ... does this mean that the track is now decent? A single erroneous frame ought not to matter too much, right? (I hope!)

So, should I assume that this track rip is in decent enough shape to save away and play? Or would you all be more finicky about this?
    Although this suggests the rip is not a bit perfect rip and has errors, it is unlikely the errors are audible.

To get an error free rip, the alternative is to try ripping the disc in a different drive.

I have several rips in my collection like this.