title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Editing after ripping?

Editing after ripping?

Is it possible to change "Naming" and "Artist" etc. after a cd has been ripped? I want to do this to fix many albums which when ripped put each track into its own folder.

I'm not wanting to re-rip all of these CDs again. If this is possible do I need to put the original CD into the burner or will the files be seen in the hard drive?

Ian

Administrator

Re: Editing after ripping?

You can edit the id tags by selecting all the album in File Explorer >> right click >> edit id tags. The file names and folder names, rename manually as required.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

There are several other ways to do this. For example, if you import the songs into a music player/management program such as iTunes you can then edit the information. If you have the "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" (the default setting), then the file names and folder names/structure will be modified accordingly.

dBpoweramp Guru

I can't recommend to edit the tags with iTunes. iTunes is not known for meeting standards. I.e. the iTunes mp3 tags are a mixture of ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

As said, there are many ways to do this. Spoon has given one. On the PC, the free program mp3tag can do it. And most music players can do this. J River Media Center does a very good job.