title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: iTunes purchases to Synology NAS through dbpoweramp - how?

iTunes purchases to Synology NAS through dbpoweramp - how?

I've searched and fiddled but still can't resolve the question. I have a number of m4a tracks that I've bought through iTunes that I want to stick on my NAS so that I can stream them over my system but no matter what I do I can't seem to make it work. My system is an iMac (with all my music on it), Synology NAS 215j, Naim ND5 XS, Naim app and Synology's media server UPnP if that helps. Any ideas on the best way to do this? Thanks.

Re: iTunes purchases to Synology NAS through dbpoweramp - how?

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    I have a number of m4a tracks that I've bought through iTunes that I want to stick on my NAS so that I can stream them over my system.
    Erm not sure why you'd involve dbPoweramp as all you have to do is copy the files over to your NAS. Unless you need to convert them to a different format then you can just copy and paste or drag and drop the music files from the Mac over to the NAS.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: iTunes purchases to Synology NAS through dbpoweramp - how?

yep, should just be copy and paste. Are these old itunes purchases. If they are from a number of years ago, they might have DRM. If so, you'd be able to copy them, but they wouldn't play in anything other than itunes program or on an ipod/iphone.