title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Newbie Here, Please Help With My Name Formatting!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drafski89
    • May 2016

Newbie Here, Please Help With My Name Formatting!

Hi Everybody -

I got my headphones a few months ago (Mad Dog Pros, THEY'RE AMAZING). I have a bunch of CDs that I want to rip to my computer as .flac files. This is also for archiving the CDs. I have 10 CDs that I want to practice with before I dive into ~400++ that I have and my parents have.

I have read quite a bit on using dbpoweramp and how it can be used to set up special name formats. I've tried to get it working, but I can't get it exactly to how I'd like it.

Can somebody please help me get the naming convention correct? Also, if you have suggestions on how I can improve this format, please let me know!

How I'd like it:

Single CD Album, Single Artist: ArtistName\Year - AlbumName\TrackNumber - TrackName
    Example: Imagine Dragons\2012 - Night Visions\01 - Radioactive.flac
    ....Imagine Dragons
    ........2012 - Night Visions
    ............01 - Radioactive.flac

Multiple CD Album, Single Artist: ArtistName\Year - AlbumName\DiscNumber - TrackNumber - TrackName
    Example: Bon Jovi\2010 - Bon Jovi Greatest Hits Ultimate Collection\Disc 002 - 11 - This Is Love This Is Life.flac
    ....Bon Jovi
    ........2010 - Bon Jovi Greatest Hits Ultimate Collection
    ............Disc 002 - 11 - This Is Love This Is Life.flac

Single CD Album, Various Artists: Various Artists\Year - AlbumName\TrackNumber - ArtistName - TrackName
    Example: Various Artists\2015 - Now That's What I Call Music 56\11 - Rachel Platton - Fight Song.flac
    ....Various Artists
    ........2015 - Now That's What I Call Music 56
    ............11 - Rachel Platton - Fight Song.flac

Multiple CD Album, Various Artists: Various Artists\Year - AlbumName\DiscNumber - TrackNumber - ArtistName - TrackName
    Example: Various Artists\2014 - Now That's What I Call Summer\Disc 002 - 07 - LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It.flac
    ....Various Artists
    ........2014 - Now That's What I Call Summer
    ............Disc 002 - 07 - LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It.flac

Some other things:

Artists Named As "The Beatles" changed to "Beatles, The"
    Disc Numbers at 3 Digits (001, 002, etc.)
    Track Numbers at 2 Digits (01, 02, etc.)

If I've screwed anything up or you have any suggestions, please let me know. I hope the formatting is alright on this post.

Thank you for your help!
  • drafski89
    • May 2016

Re: Newbie Here, Please Help With My Name Formatting!

I think I got it to work. Can somebody please check me?

The collapsed version is:
    [IFCOMP][IFMULTI][IFVALUE][IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][],Various Artists[]\[year] - [album]\[SETLEN]3,48,,Disc [disc][] - [SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] - [IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][] - [title][][IF!MULTI][IFVALUE][IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][],Various Artists[]\[year] - [album]\[SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] - [IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][] - [title][][][IF!COMP][IFMULTI][IFVALUE][IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][],Various Artists[]\[year] - [album]\[SETLEN]3,48,,Disc [disc][] - [SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] - [title][][IF!MULTI][IFVALUE][IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][],Various Artists[]\[year] - [album]\[SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] - [title][][]

The organized version is:
    [IFCOMP]
    [IFMULTI]
    [IFVALUE][IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][],Various Artists[]\[year] - [album]\[SETLEN]3,48,,Disc [disc][] - [SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] - [IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][] - [title]
    []
    [IF!MULTI]
    [IFVALUE][IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][],Various Artists[]\[year] - [album]\[SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] - [IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][] - [title]
    []
    []

[IF!COMP]
    [IFMULTI]
    [IFVALUE][IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][],Various Artists[]\[year] - [album]\[SETLEN]3,48,,Disc [disc][] - [SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] - [title]
    []
    [IF!MULTI]
    [IFVALUE][IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][],Various Artists[]\[year] - [album]\[SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] - [title]
    []
    []

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Re: Newbie Here, Please Help With My Name Formatting!

Maybe, you could simplify the above, to this:

[IFVALUE][IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][],Various Artists[]\[year] - [album]\[IFMULTI][SETLEN]3,48,,Disc [disc][] - [][SETLEN]2,48,,[track][] - [IFCOMP][IFEQUALS]album artist,The [DEL]1,4,[album artist][],[TRIM][DEL]1,4,[artist][], The[][] - [][title]

Comment

Working...

]]>