title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tracks in the wrong playing order

Tracks in the wrong playing order

Hi

I am having several problems with tracks appearing in the wrong order when I get to perfectTunes ID. This applies to multiple CD sets. For example: The Band's Live at the Academy Box set (four cds) has come up as two folders and the tracks are jumbled.

On other large collections almost all order seems to have been dropped. I am nervous or remarking the Metadata because I don't want to make a mistake. Advice please?

Finally the help section on perfectTunes doesn't seem to be working.

Administrator

Re: Tracks in the wrong playing order

The help is just a link to .html which is run, you need a default bowser to open it.

The track order in perfecttunes is like any player would expect, the tracks need a correct track number, and for multi-disc sets, you need the correct disc number.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The help is just a link to .html which is run, you need a default bowser to open it.

The track order in perfecttunes is like any player would expect, the tracks need a correct track number, and for multi-disc sets, you need the correct disc number.
    I am do not understand your answer.

For example I have ripped box sets of music. How do I tell DBPoweramp how many disks are in each set? I habve attached a screen grab to show what nonsense I am getting. As it stands I am getting entirely muddled track orders. I can't work out how to set up DBPower amp so it doesn't make a mess of track numbers. Kind regards

Administrator

The disc ID tag would be set to:

1/3
    2/3
    3/3

for each of the 3 discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The disc ID tag would be set to:

1/3
    2/3
    3/3

for each of the 3 discs.

So when ripping box sets - insert the first disk and then set the disk ID tag to 1 of 3 and repeat wth each disk?

Seems fiddly.

Many thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

If you rip your CD sets, you have to check, if the running number of the CD and the total count of CDs in the set is correct. Sometimes those meta data are not correct in the meta databases. To check those data is no big deal.

Dat Ei

OK lets do this a stage at a time. I am ripping a four cd box set. I open PerfectTunes and I see a window
    Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 22.49.27.jpg

Like the one I have attached. I have attempted to tell Perfect Tunes that this is two CDs but it ignore me. I have done this now individually on each file saying that it is cd 1/4 or 2/4. Still no result. Would someone please just lay out how to do it? Thanks

Administrator

It would be easier if you move the discs to different folders, so create a folder disc1 and disc2 and put the files there, then you can edit the id tags easier (you move the files in Windows File Explorer).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CAD2048 View Post
    OK lets do this a stage at a time. I am ripping a four cd box set. I open PerfectTunes and I see a window
    If you are up to rip a four cd box set, why don't you try to write the right tags into the files tright from the start instead of trying to fix it afterwards with PerferctTunes? It's so easy and handy to edit and write the correct metadata with CDRipper.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    If you are up to rip a four cd box set, why don't you try to write the right tags into the files tright from the start instead of trying to fix it afterwards with PerferctTunes? It's so easy and handy to edit and write the correct metadata with CDRipper.

Dat Ei
    OK would you mind walking me through how I do this? I am using a MAC and ripping on a Computer Audio CAT. I'd really appreciate if you could decsribe this a step at a time.

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey CAD2048,

Quote Originally Posted by CAD2048 View Post
    OK would you mind walking me through how I do this? I am using a MAC and ripping on a Computer Audio CAT. I'd really appreciate if you could decsribe this a step at a time.
    I don't mind, but I'm a Windows ant not an Mac user. So there might be (slight) differences in the GUI and the functionality. I try to describe it and hope that you can follow it in the Mac version.

I insert the disc and click on the button "Review Metadata", which is in the main window. A dialog pops up and there is an edit field where I can type in the running disc number and the total number of the set (i.e. 1/3, meaning disc 1 of a set of 3 discs). As an alternative to the click on the button "Review Metadata", I can edit the item "Disc" in the metadata overview in the main window directly (same syntax as before).

Now you rip the first disc.

Next you change the disc and edit the disc number to i.e. 2/3, meaning disc 2 f a set of 3 discs.

Keep in mind to use a file naming which inludes the running number of the disc (i.e. 2-03 blabla.flac, meaning that this is song 3 on the second disc). If you don't include the disc number you will have multiple songs with song number 1 and so on.

Hope that helps.

Dat Ei