title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Transcoding skips on DLNA clients

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tillig
    • Aug 2009

Transcoding skips on DLNA clients

Using Asset 5.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

I've found that transcoding Apple Lossless and AAC seems to skip. It's fairly predictable and happens at roughly one minute and fifty seconds into the song. I've tried WAV, LPCM, and MP3 transcoding to two different Android clients off two different Windows 2012 servers with the same result. Is this a known issue?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Transcoding skips on DLNA clients

It is not a known issue, what player are you using?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tillig
      • Aug 2009

On a Galaxy Note 4 I've tried both the Skifta client app and Bubble UPnP https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.bubbleupnp

The skip only seems to happen on transcoded files. MP3s that aren't being transcoded don't skip.

When it does skip at 1:50, it seems to jump back roughly a minute in the song and play from there. After about a minute, it jumps back to where it should be and finishes the song.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try plugplayer please.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tillig
          • Aug 2009

Looks like my previous reply got moderated out. No matter, I've done more testing.

The issue seems to be with Android clients.

I tried on the native client in my Marantz receiver and I tried the Roku Media Player. Both worked without skipping, though the Roku client had troubles navigating through the menus, first telling me there was no audio available and then changing its mind the second or third refresh.

On Android 6.0.1 I've tried three client apps so far, all of which skip at the same 1:50 time in transcoded songs:

- Skifta (older client, but good)
          - Bubble UPnP by Bubblesoft
          - Airwire by Wellink Ltd

The only commonality is that they run on Android, which makes me think it could be an issue in a common Android library. I've had this same phone for years and never remember having this, but two things recently changed - I upgraded my media server (better hardware, Windows Server 2012 R2) and my phone got the new Android pushed to it.

Given the other clients are working... Guessing it's Android.

Is there some additional data I can send to help troubleshoot?

Comment

Working...

]]>