title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Recommended CD Burners

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daleyb
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2014

Re: Recommended CD Burners

QUOTE=garym;165915]for example, I bought this as an enclosure/power that will hold many different full size drives:

then I put this in it. (drop in, plug in, and a couple of screws to hold it....took 2 minutes)
    http://www.amazon.com/Lite-Super-All...ilpage_o00_s00[/QUOTE]

I have 2 of the those Lite-on Drives internal on my P.C. I Asked for 2 of the same when I had my P.C. CUSTOM BUILT. (thinking if one goes I have another-quick...)It goes to show you dont need to spend mega bucks on drives.Mine work Flawlessly when ripping. My only regret is not having 2 seperate drives by different makes.(so if one doesnt work i can try the other)....but didnt think of this at the time of build.Very rare not to have cd not wanting to rip though....They dont have C2 Pointers. My config was 2-4-2. pass but now I use 3-6-2. Dont think it makes that much difference though

Comment

• Oggy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Hotdog
      Hello again Oggy! The Enid? Must admit I'm baffled there.

On the one hand, I was content with iTunes rips of many of these CDs before. On the other, I often discovered pops and clicks when listening back to iTunes rips later, and it was irritating having to go back and do those tracks again.

Thanks for the info about the Lite-On and buying an adapter. I may give that a go. Yeah, I'll try not to get my hopes up that it will rip anything that failed previously.

Er, I'm a bit confused by the multitude of SATA/PATA/IDE adapters out there and what will and won't work with this drive, though. Do I need a power adaptor? Please advise. Any links to recommended products to link it to my laptop? Would appreciate some assistance here please, before I buy the wrong thing!
      Hi Hotdog,

Here are a couple of examples on eBay.

I've shown these two, simply because they were the first USB3 type I came across, from UK retailers, and with good feedback. They also have good pictures showing their connectivity / applications.

I'll give the eBay listing numbers, so you can look them up. First is £17, second is £15: so with the Lite-On, you have a drive with very good DAE, and flexible connectivity, for around £30.

Item numbers:-

331 551 575 316

251 780 171 055

Oggy.
      Last edited by Oggy; 04-29-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• jfkaess
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2005

I got an iMac last summer and after many years of using the windows version of dbpoweramp to rip hundreds of CDs on the internal drive of my windows machine, I had to decide what external CD burner to buy to use on my iMac.

Back in November i purchased the Samsung model mentioned at the beginning of this thread. It was problematic in both reading and burning. I got discouraged and dug out my old windows computer to use for dbpoweramp and burning. However, after reading this thread i decided to buy the [COLOR=*333333]LiteOn EBAU108 8x External DVDRW. To my surprise and great joy, this drive works flawlessly for both ripping and burning. Thanks for the discussion here and the recommendations.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Hotdog
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Oggy
          Hi Hotdog,

Here are a couple of examples on eBay.

I've shown these two, simply because they were the first USB3 type I came across, from UK retailers, and with good feedback. They also have good pictures showing their connectivity / applications.

I'll give the eBay listing numbers, so you can look them up. First is £17, second is £15: so with the Lite-On, you have a drive with very good DAE, and flexible connectivity, for around £30.

Item numbers:-

331 551 575 316

251 780 171 055

Oggy.
          Thanks for the links and info! Been meaning to reply to this thread. I'm watching those eBay ones so I'll have a think about it.

Comment

Working...

]]>