title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset R5 beta for OSX/Linux

Super Moderator

Re: Asset R5 beta for OSX/Linux

Beta 6 posted.

DSD glitch fix has been merged from the Windows version.

By popular demand, options to hide [All Tracks] / [Shuffle Tracks] have been added, both globally and per-control-point.

Super Moderator

[reuploading, there was a slight problem with the initially uploaded packages, everything downloaded from now on should be fine]

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    By popular demand, options to hide [All Tracks] / [Shuffle Tracks] have been added, both globally and per-control-point.
    Cool - thanks!
    Can you post the control-point-override syntax form?

++umgfoin.

Super Moderator

Put [NoAllTracksItems] in control point overrides to enable this feature for specific control point.

I just downloaded Beta 6, and all folder.jpg art now correctly working..
    Last edited by Batleys; 06-07-2016 at 03:42 PM.

folder.jpg issue is solved with BETA6.

But eh side effect is that the .dBpoweramp directory is getting pretty huge. With my 5000+ album collection, this directory is over 500 Mb.

And it is located in the system partition which is pretty limited. At the present time, I cannot install updates of the Synology DSM because the remaining space of the system partition is not sufficient !

Is there a way to have the configuration file stored elsewhere ?

Thanks in advance.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes, looking at that problem too on my RPi 2, with some 4,500 albums, the ArtStorev5.bin file is over 4GB, making the .dBpoweramp directory 4.2GB, so there is only 1.13GB free on the system 'disk' on a 8GB SD card. I have cut down the Linux elements, all the non-headless elements, programming environments, test software/games etc. to try and give the max space for the dedicated job of a UPnP server.

Could this be configured to be on a network share, which could be back on the NAS or on a NAS volume, given that there is already a network call between the Network player, and the UPnP server, and then a Wifi link to the iOS Controller app.

Thanks,
    Simon.

Or do I need to get a 16GB or 32GB SD card, and try to do a clone copy from current card, or just rebuild from a bigger card.

Quote Originally Posted by simes_pep View Post
    Could this be configured to be on a network share, which could be back on the NAS or on a NAS volume, given that there is already a network call between the Network player, and the UPnP server, and then a Wifi link to the iOS Controller app.
    A symbolic link will be your friend:
    Code:
    ln -s

Usage: ln [OPTION]... [-T] TARGET LINK_NAME   (1st form)
      or:  ln [OPTION]... TARGET                  (2nd form)
      or:  ln [OPTION]... TARGET... DIRECTORY     (3rd form)
      or:  ln [OPTION]... -t DIRECTORY TARGET...  (4th form)
    Move the .dbPoweramp folder to your music-volume and create a symbolic link from your home-dir pointing to this location.
    Example:
    Code:
    killall AssetUPnP
    cd ~
    mv .dBpoweramp /mnt/music_stick
    ln -s /mnt/music_stick/.dBpoweramp .dBpoweramp

[start assetupnp again]
    ++umgfoin.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just wanted to say thanks for the beta increment and the option to hide [All Tracks] / [Shuffle Tracks]. :-)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Not sure which end this is on but since I am only a member of this forum then I will start here..

I am running the latest Asset 5 Beta on a Raspberry PI B controlled by Bubble UPNP but having some issues with searches.

I have several U2 albums all with Album Artist set to U2 as well as individual track artist, when I browse the Asset Tree Artist/Album I can see all the U2 albums, when I search via Bubble only one album is found though. I have enabled logs on Asset (which I can send) and I can see the search coming in but the logs say only one result is found.

Any ideas where to start?

Administrator

If you could:

Enable log, then do a manual browse to Artist >> U2

then do bubble search for the same and upload the log to dropbox or similar and provide link plz.

I can happily confirm that the DSF 'popping' issue has been fixed on the latest beta.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you could:

Enable log, then do a manual browse to Artist >> U2

then do bubble search for the same and upload the log to dropbox or similar and provide link plz.
    I have uploaded the logs and PM'd you a link, although I have just realised that I done done Artist/Album as this was the visible one.

Some more details on my config.

Raspberry PI B running Moode 2.6 (JLITE) http://moodeaudio.org/

Asset 5 B6 installed in trial mode.

UPNP Renderer UPMPDCLI ( https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/ ) which is part of the Moode Install, Open Home Features enabled.

BubbleDS Next 2.2.6.1.

The reference to the Music is via the NFS mnt configured in Moode, so /mnt/MYNAS/Music.
    Last edited by ServerBaboon; 06-12-2016 at 12:33 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Investigating further I have just tried Linn Kazoo (Android) and this is bringing back the correct results, I will upload some logs for this to the same link.

Looks like it might be a Bubble issue?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have tested another couple of searches for artists with multiple albums and they seem to be ok, the problem seems to be my U2 rips, I will recheck the meta data for white spaces of hidden characters.