title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset R5 beta for OSX/Linux

Administrator

Re: Asset R5 beta for OSX/Linux

This is the search:

0 searchCriteria: (upnp:class = "object.container.person.musicArtist" and dc:title contains "U2")
    Filter: * Start Idx: 0 Count: 16

to which asset is returning:

========================FOLDERS==================
    U2: co84: 0\UNIQUE-SEARCH\Artist\Album: (t_artist='1872'):
    U2 and B. B. King: co85: 0\UNIQUE-SEARCH\Artist\Album: (t_artist='2777'):

========================TRACKS==================

<DIDL-Lite xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0/"><container id="co2BAE384DAE557BF4" parentID="co2DFBCAC6F3A5C683" restricted="0" searchable="1"><dc:title>U2</dc:title><dc:creator>Unknown</dc:creator><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:genre>Rock</upnp:genre><upnp:albumArtURI dlna:profileID="JPEG_TN">http://192.168.10.58:26125/aa/0002B06F/userart.jpg</upnp:albumArtURI><upnp:class>object.container.albu m</upnp:class></container><container id="co5E3FEFCA1B23A0A7" parentID="co2DFBCAC6F3A5C683" restricted="0" searchable="1"><dc:title>U2 and B. B. King</dc:title><dc:creator>Unknown</dc:creator><upnp:artist></upnp:artist><upnp:genre>Blues</upnp:genre><upnp:albumArtURI dlna:profileID="JPEG_TN">http://192.168.10.58:26125/aa/0002B06F/userart.jpg</upnp:albumArtURI><upnp:class>object.container.albu m</upnp:class></container></DIDL-Lite>
    NumberReturned: 2 TotalMatches: 2 UpdateId: 85858585

It returns both U2 and the other U2, I think the issue is in bubble upnp.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

So should Bubble them make another request for all albums for artist id 1872?

Administrator

No, it should have shown 'U2' for you to select, then it would put in the request for 1872

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok will check, thanks for looking.
    Last edited by ServerBaboon; 06-13-2016 at 06:10 PM.

I have been using Asset R5 with a QNAP. I noticed that Asset does not play DSD2 and DSD4 files. The albums are indexed and in the list, but fail to play. With normal DSD album no problemos and they play DSD fine with my external DAC.

Administrator

Perhaps your player cannot play DSD2 or 4 over upnp?

I guess it is a DAC problem. DSD2, DSD, DSD4 are probably the same for Asset. I assume it is not possible to have Asset convert on the fly DSD2 and DSD4 to PCM and leave DSD1 unaltered.

Administrator

It is not sorry.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Glad to see thst beta 7 for QNAP has re-enabled upsampling from 16bit to 24bit which did not work for me with v4.71 or earlier beta versions of R5 for QNAP.

LPCM wrong stream format bug fix [beta 7]
    Great! This fixed Denon RemoteApp (CyberGarage-HTTP/1.1 DLNADOC/1.50) in conjunction with several Denon DLNA-players.
    For unknown reason, the app requests LPCM transcoding for many formats even if there's native support in the hardware.

I got a serious issue with R5b6 on a QNAP ts-870 (Intel 2GB ram):
    it hangs!

With all the r4 versions it worked without any trouble but now it hangs and "restarts" after a while or after a reboot.

I first installed it onto the R4.7 registered and hanged after a while.
    I then unistalled completely asset, restarted QNAP, I installed the latest registered download I had, installed R5b6 on it (GREAT the upnp search!!) restarted the QNAP and it still hangs.
    To be sure i even uninstalled it back and reinstalled the R4.7. Does not hang.

When I say hang it shows the following behaviour on my upnp av control point (Kazoo PC&iOs):
    When I click next track, it starts after seconds or minutes althoug the current track played correctly.
    When I click on a field "album" or whatever the list comes after some delay, 3s~minutes.

I log onto the Nas interface the CPU usage is very very low, ram is at ±40%, when I take a look at instances, something makes me curious: is it normal to have suddenly multiple Asset instances??
    I have tried to sort it out, it seems that during the normal usage, without problems I mean, shows only one instance of asset

qnap asset in double.jpg

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It doesn't look like you have multiple instances of Asset running, just that Asset may be running more than one process e.g. background processes such as monitoring your library. I've checked the process monitor on my QNAP TS421 and it also shows 2 Asset UPnP processes with different PIDs (Process IDs) both using memory but one using 2.8% CPU and the other 0% CPU usage. Am running R5 beta 7 and not having any issues so far so I don't think the multiple processes are linked to your issue.
    Last edited by sjbabbey; 07-08-2016 at 03:41 AM.

OK it means that it may be related to the folders scaning then...

Ok I will try with b7 now, will let you know.
    And after I will check with "Detect and catalog new tracks" unchecked.
    Last edited by Silences; 07-09-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Browsing Asset is pretty sluggish on QNAP TVS-471 w/ Asset R5b7. Playback while browsing has been fine but if I'm moving around folders or categories a lot I get noticeable (>1 second) delays hitting back or selecting an artist/album.

For context - QNAP TVS-471 is fairly beefy: dual-core i3 @ 3.5GHz with 4GB ram.

I made the mistake of deleting my registered Asset R4 version from my QNAP before installing the R5 beta. R5 now has lapsed its trial period for me and has reverted to free. However do I extend the life of my R5 beta (just redownload or do I have to reinstate R4.7 before installing the trial version?