title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Install won't show program as installed and right click functions won't work

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mebobo
    • Dec 2014

Install won't show program as installed and right click functions won't work

For some reason I can not get the program to fully install so the right click functions are active. I've tried uninstalling, however it does not show up in the Windows Uninstall. I downloaded the reset you've suggested which also did not remove items in theI registry. I went in and manually deleted anything with dbPoweramp and Ilustrate. I'm at my wit's end! Any suggestions to get your program to properly install? Running Windows 7 on a laptop. Windows defender is the antivirus running.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Install won't show program as installed and right click functions won't work

If the programs cannot create entries in the registry, or even delete them, then that would stop everything you mention from working correctly. You might have some very restrictive security settings in place, it is a company laptop?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Re: Install won't show program as installed and right click functions won't work

Originally posted by Spoon
      If the programs cannot create entries in the registry, or even delete them, then that would stop everything you mention from working correctly. You might have some very restrictive security settings in place, it is a company laptop?
      I wonder if your problem is one like I had. See

I've downloaded the new 15.2 version (reference version) to install and get the following error when trying to install (on Win7(64) machine that already has 15.1 installed). I've never had any issues before in installing or updating dbpa. I've downloaded the file a few times and tried installing by using "right click,

Comment

• mebobo
        • Dec 2014

No, it's a personal laptop. Weird thing is I was able to install a prior version and everything was just ducky. Perhaps I should run the installer as Administrator. I'll check out the next reply as well.

Comment

• mebobo
          • Dec 2014

Fixed it. Not sure if it was installing as "Administrator" or disabling Microsoft Security Essentials, but it's now properly installed. Thanks for your time and help! Love the software.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mebobo
            Fixed it. Not sure if it was installing as "Administrator" or disabling Microsoft Security Essentials, but it's now properly installed. Thanks for your time and help! Love the software.
            Yes, if you are signed into Windows with a standard account instead of an administrator account, you will not be able to install any software unless you have administrator privileges.

If you are signed in with an administrator account, then it is more than likely that Microsoft Security Essentials was interfering with the install.
            Last edited by mville; 04-10-2016, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

The installer will ask to elevate when run to administrator.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>