title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Install won't show program as installed and right click functions won't work

Install won't show program as installed and right click functions won't work

For some reason I can not get the program to fully install so the right click functions are active. I've tried uninstalling, however it does not show up in the Windows Uninstall. I downloaded the reset you've suggested which also did not remove items in theI registry. I went in and manually deleted anything with dbPoweramp and Ilustrate. I'm at my wit's end! Any suggestions to get your program to properly install? Running Windows 7 on a laptop. Windows defender is the antivirus running.

Administrator

Re: Install won't show program as installed and right click functions won't work

If the programs cannot create entries in the registry, or even delete them, then that would stop everything you mention from working correctly. You might have some very restrictive security settings in place, it is a company laptop?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Install won't show program as installed and right click functions won't work

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If the programs cannot create entries in the registry, or even delete them, then that would stop everything you mention from working correctly. You might have some very restrictive security settings in place, it is a company laptop?
    I wonder if your problem is one like I had. See

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...l=1*post153651

No, it's a personal laptop. Weird thing is I was able to install a prior version and everything was just ducky. Perhaps I should run the installer as Administrator. I'll check out the next reply as well.

Fixed it. Not sure if it was installing as "Administrator" or disabling Microsoft Security Essentials, but it's now properly installed. Thanks for your time and help! Love the software.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mebobo View Post
    Fixed it. Not sure if it was installing as "Administrator" or disabling Microsoft Security Essentials, but it's now properly installed. Thanks for your time and help! Love the software.
    Yes, if you are signed into Windows with a standard account instead of an administrator account, you will not be able to install any software unless you have administrator privileges.

If you are signed in with an administrator account, then it is more than likely that Microsoft Security Essentials was interfering with the install.
    Last edited by mville; 04-10-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Administrator

The installer will ask to elevate when run to administrator.