title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Edit ID-tag showing all the text characters but not transferring them to the library

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Solo
    • Oct 2011

Edit ID-tag showing all the text characters but not transferring them to the library

I have a problem sometimes with getting the dbpoweramp Edit ID-tag to accept more text characters in Artist and Title lines.

I'm downloading MP3 files from the internet and they usually come with an attached tag which usually needs the text to be reworked or inserted. Mostly there is no problem, however I notice some albums have songs that seem to have some sort of 'hidden' limit to the amount of characters available. I amend the tag and it looks fine, but when I look at the files in Windows Explorer or after loading them into Windows Media Player, some titles seem to be restricted to about 30 characters, so the ends of the names or titles are missing. Re-amending the ID Tag makes no difference. I notice that I can right click and 'edit' amend these instances directly in the WMP library without going to the file location but why can't I fix it via the EDit ID-tag ? I've run some of these files through the MP3val-frontend program to see if they needed a repair because of corruption but they pass with no correction. Looking for a solution if someone knows the answer thanks.
    Last edited by Solo; 04-07-2016, 03:21 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Edit ID-tag showing all the text characters but not transferring them to the libr

The files must have an id3v1 tag which have a 30 character limit, if you visit codec central, and install 'update id tag', and convert these files to this utility codec, the tags are rewritten to id3v2 with no limitation.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Solo
      • Oct 2011

Re: Edit ID-tag showing all the text characters but not transferring them to the libr

Hi Spoon,

Thank you so much !

Comment

Working...

]]>