title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset not indexing all my albums - Grrr!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IntoTheVoid
    • Jan 2008

Asset not indexing all my albums - Grrr!

I had a problem a while ago running Asset 4.7 on my QNAP which I covered in this post https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...king-as-before

Wanting to relieve some of the pressure on my QNAP, and also looking for DSD support, I bought and installed Asset on a Windows 10 PC.

It works great, including DSD streaming, except that there are lots (and I mean lots) of albums that just aren't indexed. It's really frustrating.

The various views in to the library are inconsistent, and the albums that are missing don't seem to fall in to any specific pattern. e.g. some are 16 bit other 24 bit.

Even albums by the same artist are hit and miss.

And to add to the frustration, the behaviour is different to that on the QNAP installation.

Any ideas what could be happening?

thx
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset not indexing all my albums - Grrr!

Try a rescan (refresh all). Are the result the same? or different albums missing?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• stickymelon
      • Feb 2015

If you are using Album Artist list - check if the missing albums have the Album Artist tag filled.

Comment

• IntoTheVoid
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
        Try a rescan (refresh all). Are the result the same? or different albums missing?
        Tried that. Result is the same (thankfully). At least it's consistently wrong.

Comment

• IntoTheVoid
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by stickymelon
          If you are using Album Artist list - check if the missing albums have the Album Artist tag filled.
          Has anybody told you you're a genius?

I edited the tags on two albums and they now show up. Fantastic!

Now, does anyone know if there is there a way to batch update across my whole library? I don't fancy going through all 1200 albums

PS. I've always used dbpoweramp to rip my cd's so not sure why this tag would be missing for some albums??
          Last edited by IntoTheVoid; 04-03-2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by IntoTheVoid
            Has anybody told you you're a genius?

I edited the tags on two albums and they now show up. Fantastic!

Now, does anyone know if there is there a way to batch update across my whole library? I don't fancy going through all 1200 albums

PS. I've always used dbpoweramp to rip my cd's so not sure why this tag would be missing for some albums??
            converting to the ID TAG PROCESSING DSP you can set to copy ARTIST to ALBUMARTIST. Also, mp3tag can batch do this (and does FLAC not just mp3). Several methods to batch copy ARTIST tag content to ALBUM ARTIST tag.

p.s. dbpoweramp doesn't automatically add ALBUM ARTIST. Depends how you have setup. It can do this if you want.

Comment

• IntoTheVoid
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by garym
              converting to the ID TAG PROCESSING DSP you can set to copy ARTIST to ALBUMARTIST. Also, mp3tag can batch do this (and does FLAC not just mp3). Several methods to batch copy ARTIST tag content to ALBUM ARTIST tag.

p.s. dbpoweramp doesn't automatically add ALBUM ARTIST. Depends how you have setup. It can do this if you want.
              Thanks Gary.

Ended up doing it by hand. Not too bad after all. Probably a few dozen albums that I'd completely forgotten about!

Comment

Working...

]]>