title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp for Mac (PerfectMeta question)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Grass Valley / Nevada City, California USA

Question dBpoweramp for Mac (PerfectMeta question)

I installed our first seat of dBpoweramp for Mac for our Music Director several weeks ago. He claims it does not return metadata in the same way that it does with the Windows version. There's either fewer results or none at all. He is already familiar with the Windows version, so he has a pretty good idea of how and what the Mac version should do. Whatever the issue, it doesn't give the same (or any) results for the same CDs.

I'm not a Mac guru by any means, but for the most part, I'm bilingual and fairly savvy. That said, when I looked at the Mac version of the Review PerfectMeta Matches interface, I could not find anything like the four columns (AMG, GD3, Music Brainz and freedb) that we're used to seeing with the Windows version of Manual Meta Review.

So, the question is, are we doing something wrong, or is it possible that PerfectMeta isn't completely operational in the Mac version that we purchased and downloaded about three or four weeks ago?

Thanks in advance...

Dennis, aka "d2b"

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp for Mac (PerfectMeta question)

Perhaps the metadata is coming from the dBpoweramp Cache, it would not show those columns if already read for a disc. Click the metadata button again to read fresh from internet.

Super Moderator

Re: dBpoweramp for Mac (PerfectMeta question)

Thanks for your feedback.

Trial version of dBpoweramp does not support PerfectMeta and would produce symptoms that match what you describe. Are you sure the version you are running is Registered not Trial?

You can also install the latest beta version and try - beta versions give reference (Registered) functionality for a limited period of time.