title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accurate Rip registration

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • i.p
    • Mar 2016

Accurate Rip registration

Hi, I'm having trouble getting consistent rips eg the results of ripping the first track of the River by Bruce Springsteen with iTunes, EAC and dBPoweramp produced files with different sizes 37,813,148 bytes, 37,815,266 bytes and 37,965,060 bytes. The differences appear to be bigger than could be caused by different metadata being saved. I thought using AccurateRip might help but I've tried over 12 discs to configure AccurateRip and all but one were rejected. My drive is an ASUS DVD - RAM GHC 1N according to the dBPoweramp dialog box.

Can you offer any help or advise about why I get different rip results from the three programmes and how I can configure my drive to work with AccurateRip.

Thanks
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Accurate Rip registration

Originally posted by i.p
    Hi, I'm having trouble getting consistent rips eg the results of ripping the first track of the River by Bruce Springsteen with iTunes, EAC and dBPoweramp produced files with different sizes 37,813,148 bytes, 37,815,266 bytes and 37,965,060 bytes. The differences appear to be bigger than could be caused by different metadata being saved. I thought using AccurateRip might help but I've tried over 12 discs to configure AccurateRip and all but one were rejected. My drive is an ASUS DVD - RAM GHC 1N according to the dBPoweramp dialog box.

Can you offer any help or advise about why I get different rip results from the three programmes and how I can configure my drive to work with AccurateRip.
    Currently, you are not able to get bit-perfect rips of The River CD so each ripping program will produce slightly different results depending on how errors are handled. Unless the CD is badly damaged, I doubt any of these slight differences are audible.

You need to configure CDRipper (and/or EAC) and AcccurateRip, before trying to rip CDs. Keep on feeding CDRipper with CDs until AccurateRip is configured. If you want bit-perfect rips, I suggest you do not use iTunes to rip your CDs.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

keep feeding CDs to dbpa until AccurateRip configures. It could take 1 disk or 25, but it will eventually configure.

Comment

• i.p
        • Mar 2016

Hi, thanks for your replies however I've now tried over 40 CD's to configure Accurate Rip and with both dBpoweramp and EAC I get an error message saying the disc is not a valid Key Disc although most were on the list of Key Discs viewable from the FAQ pages. I would suggest that my drive isn't recognised but that seems unlikely as one CD was accepted by Accurate Rip as a Key Disc. My drive is an ASUS DVD RAM GHC1N. Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

You've mentioned twice that one CD was accepted by AR as a key disk. If that's the case, then dbpa would have setup AR. All it takes is one key disk. Did it not work with that one disk?

Comment

• i.p
            • Mar 2016

Hi, thanks for your help. Whenever I insert a CD dbpa asks me if I want to configure AR so I assumed that the process wasn't complete. I've tried so many discs now I'm afraid that I can't remember which one appeared to work. The AR configure dialog appeared just now with the "Songs of Leonard Cohen" CD. Again after I selected configure I got a message back that the disc wasn't a valid Key Disc. When I ripped the CD in the secure rip column I got x's next to AR but a tick next to secure rip. In the info dialog box after ripping the CRC number is different for the rip and AR. Is there any way I can tell if AR is properly configured for my drive? When it is won't dbpa stop asking me to configure AR each time I insert a disc?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

When configured correctly it will no longer ask to configure each time you insert a CD.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>