title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Issue with Batch Converted files in AccurateRip

Issue with Batch Converted files in AccurateRip

Hi Folks,

Apologies in advance if this is a simple issue. I'm a Newbie so would appreciate any help or suggestions.

I'm trying to convert 1000 CD's from WMA Lossless to FLAC. I've run a test batch of 20 Albums in Batch Convertor to check DSP's, Folders and other settings.

However when I check these 20 Albums in AccurateRip it states 'Track Not Present in AccurateRip'. However these are mainstream albums so I thought they'd be there.

So I've taken a the original CD's ripped to WMA. I've then used CD Ripper to rip these directly to FLAC to check AccurateRip and it finds them. So why doesn't it find the information from the WMA conversion?

The first two Albums come back with AccurateRip match of 200 for Red Hot Chilli Peppers "Californication" Album.

Whilst Moby's "Play" comes back with 85. Does this mean there's a problem with the original WMA Lossless files? Am I converting these the wrong way? Are there any issues with my settings causing these not to be found in AccurateRip?

I'm using the Reference version of Dbpa on Windows 10, via Bootcamp on OS X. I don't see it should make any difference but thought I'd state that in case there are any known issues.

Ideally I don't want to have to re-rip all the 1000 albums.

Thanks in advance.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Issue with Batch Converted files in AccurateRip

Not sure of your first question. But regarding AR (200) vs AR (85) or even AR (2), this is not an indication of quality or "bitperfectness". It just tells you how many matches you had in the AR database. (the max it reports is 200). But even AR (1) is excellent verification that you have a bitperfect rip as it means that your rip matches perfectly with the rip of another person using a different copy of the CD, a different computer, etc. Some folks prefer to see at least AR (2) as AR (1) could be you reripping a CD that you previously ripped and you're matching your own rip versus someone else's rip. But certainly AR (85) is with certainty a bit perfect rip.

Hi Garym,

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry for not being very accurate with my question.

Basically if I convert a file from WMA Lossless to FLAC in Batch Converter and then check it in Perfect Tunes/AccurateRip. It doesn't show up with a match and says 'Track Not Present in AccurateRip'. I took the original CD and ripped it again with CD Ripper to FLAC. It shows up with a match in AccurateRip with a high count.

Why is CD Ripper getting a match and not the WMA converted file via PerfectTunes? Wouldn't both show up in AccurateRip with similar counts? Does this mean there's an issue with my WMA files and they need to be ripped again?

I'm trying to convert 1000 CD's backed up several years ago to WMA Lossless over to FLAC without having to rip them all again. Below is some advice you offered in another thread which I'm trying to follow. However the first 20 Albums I've tried to convert all have 'Track Not Present in AccurateRip' for all files.

It makes me wonder if my Batch Converter settings are incorrect or my WMA files are the issue. It seems strange all 20 popular Albums don't get a match when converting WMA files but do re-ripping with FLAC settings in CD Ripper.

Your previous advice:
    EDIT: And if you already have Windows Lossess files, why rerip. If you have decent metadata(tags) already, I'd simply use the dbpa batch converter to convert all to FLAC. You can add the ReplayGain tags at the time you do this conversion, and also have the files organized however you want, including how suggested above. Then, when done converting, I'd use the PerfectTunes application (a separate product of Illustrate) to do an "after the fact" AccurateRip check on the FLAC files. For the ones that get an AR match, no ripping is necessary. I'd only rerip the albums that I don't get an AR match on. This would save you lots of time, as the conversion is a batch process that can handle all your files at once without having to insert each CD and rip.

Administrator

Your WMA files are ripped with a different length from the original CD.

Thanks Spoon,

I've since read they're put extra bits/info at the end of the file. Is there away around this when converting or would I need to re-rip all WMA Lossless files? Probably the latter.

Otherwise I guess I could just convert them, check the artwork and leave out the AccurateRip check?

Administrator

If you want to verify against AccurateRip you need to re-rip.