title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I stop albums conflating?

How do I stop albums conflating?

I've had a change of renderer hardware which has forced a change in streaming software & I find I'm having to use UPnP. Naturally I am trying Asset which seems to be the most user friendly of the servers out there. In the main things are going smoothly but I do have one issue which suprises me. Asset is conflating albums with the same name regardless of where they sit on the harddrive.

e.g.
    Two albums Peter Gabriel 1 & Led Zeppelin 1 Both displayed together as a single instance of 1
    I:\Music\Orpheus\Led Zeppelin\I\1 - 01.flac
    I:\Music\Orpheus\Gabriel\1\1 - 01.flac

or

two separate recordings of Haydn Cello Concerto in D major. Both displayed together as a single instance of Haydn Cello Concerto in D major
    I:\Music\Orpheus\Haydn\Cello Concertos\Cello Concerto In D Major - 04.flac
    I:\Music\Orpheus\_Various Artists\Du Pre Complete\3\Cello Concerto In D Major - 04.flac

Asset has a lower album count than in other servers I'm also trialling & is certainly the only one that has this issue. It doesn't seem to be a tagging issue as these are being read acurately

I could find every instance of these conflations & rename everything but there's a lot of classical stuff that share generic names & I have no real way of knowing what's missing.
    So my question is this. Is there a setting I've missed that is causing me this problem?

Windows 10
    Naim NDX
    Asset UPnp
    Naim App, android

Thanks

Administrator

Re: How do I stop albums conflating?

Albums are separated not by location, but by ID tags, your album should have correctly entered Album and Album Artist tags.

Re: How do I stop albums conflating?

Ah, that makes sense. I'll need to do some retagging but nothing too onerous
    Thanks