title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Lost albums after reinstalling

Lost albums after reinstalling

Hi, after reinstalling Asset UPnP Release 4 on a Windows Home server 2011 Asset UPnP detects all files (tracks) but after scanning the libary it shows only the half of the available albums /tracks.

Any idea what setting I should check?

Re: Lost albums after reinstalling

I have checked all previous settings - but i use the same.
    What happens in detail:

I had to reinstall the operating system and therefore also my applications.
    First i startet with Asset UpnP Release 5.1.01 but I fount this error.
    Than I make a fallback to Release 4 - fortunately I had a old installatin file.

Now in my favorite view "Album Artist / Album" I see all the Artists but when browsing to some of the artists folder there are empty.
    Other folders are ok and the albums available.

I try to reduce the number of albums by trying the same with a subset (subfolder) - but the same albums are not availabe.

No idea what happens

dBpoweramp Guru

What error did you find when using Asset UPnP R5.1? What client/player software are using to browse the Asset database?

Administrator

R5 uses its own browse tree, you can find album artist under advanced search.

I use Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo as client software for a Linn DS player

the Album Artist / Album view shows the Album Artis but no longer the albums and the tracks
    the number of detected tracks and folders is correct but I checked that the number of detected albums is to low; more than the half of the albums are accessable and counted but several not - before reinstalling anything works fine

in the album view I see the missing albums which are not available in the "Album Artist / Album" view but these albums contains no tracks

....small progress - in the tree "advanced search" in the view "album by Artist" I found all albums with all tracks, but unfortunately not yet in the "album" and the "album artist / album" view.
    should I start with a new clean library - and will the library erased by deinstalling Asset UPnP ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bella-macchina View Post
    ....small progress - in the tree "advanced search" in the view "album by Artist" I found all albums with all tracks, but unfortunately not yet in the "album" and the "album artist / album" view.
    should I start with a new clean library - and will the library erased by deinstalling Asset UPnP ?
    Have you edited the Browse Tree in Asset UPnP Configuration?

Before re-installing you could try Asset UPnP Configuration >> Rescan Library >> Refresh All
    to rebuild the Asset library database.

SOLVED: Lost albums after reinstalling

I've solved my problem. It was my mistake to reinstall V4 without reboot the WHS Server after deinstalling V5, something went wrong with the database after my unclean deinstallation.
    After deinstall V4, reboot the server and reinstall - wait for scanning the whole library - I found my expected and known views back

Thanks for helping