title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

free cd ripper vs. reference ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HiFi4evr
    • Mar 2016

free cd ripper vs. reference ripper

I am new to the site and my 21 day trial ran out. It appears that they are saying the free ripper won't do as good of a job as Reference yet I see it still shows accurate rip results. Are there differences in how the ripping is done sound wise that are affected using free vs. reference? I'm mostly concerned with the sound quality and have been ripping to lossless AIFF at 1411 16bit for all my cds. Thanks for any help.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: free cd ripper vs. reference ripper

Originally posted by HiFi4evr
    I am new to the site and my 21 day trial ran out. It appears that they are saying the free ripper won't do as good of a job as Reference yet I see it still shows accurate rip results. Are there differences in how the ripping is done sound wise that are affected using free vs. reference? I'm mostly concerned with the sound quality and have been ripping to lossless AIFF at 1411 16bit for all my cds. Thanks for any help.
    Let me see if I understand. If your employer (or your customers if you're self-employed) came to you and said, "please keep working as hard as ever, but we're not going to pay you for your work," you'd be OK with that? The trivial cost of purchasing dbpoweramp (and also PerfectTunes in my case) is the best money I've spent related to my digital music activities.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

No difference, an AccurateRip is an accurately ripped cd.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HiFi4evr
        • Mar 2016

Spoon, thank you for your reply
        Last edited by HiFi4evr; 03-12-2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• HiFi4evr
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by garym
          Let me see if I understand. If your employer (or your customers if you're self-employed) came to you and said, "please keep working as hard as ever, but we're not going to pay you for your work," you'd be OK with that? The trivial cost of purchasing dbpoweramp (and also PerfectTunes in my case) is the best money I've spent related to my digital music activities.
          Garym, if there wasn't a free version I wouldn't be asking. Is this forum only for paid subscribers or for anyone including potential customers? I didn't make the decision for the company to release a free version. I think my question is valid and your comment is pointless. Do you represent all who use DBPowerAmp? I believe the main reason EAC (Exact Audio Copy) has a huge base of users is due to the fact that it is free as well as the quality of the rips. Do a google search on audio rippers and you will find that is the case as well as others. Does I-Tunes charge for their built in ripper? I am deciding whether to purchase a license and if you are employed by DBPowerAmp please let me know so I won't. If you're trying to garner support for the company you are going about it the wrong way.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by HiFi4evr
            Garym, if there wasn't a free version I wouldn't be asking. Is this forum only for paid subscribers or for anyone including potential customers? I didn't make the decision for the company to release a free version. I think my question is valid and your comment is pointless. Do you represent all who use DBPowerAmp? I believe the main reason EAC (Exact Audio Copy) has a huge base of users is due to the fact that it is free as well as the quality of the rips. Do a google search on audio rippers and you will find that is the case as well as others. Does I-Tunes charge for their built in ripper? I am deciding whether to purchase a license and if you are employed by DBPowerAmp please let me know so I won't. If you're trying to garner support for the company you are going about it the wrong way.
            I don't work for dbpa. I'm just a satisfied user. And I used to be a major user of EAC. The fact that I and others decided to *pay* for dbpa when EAC is "free" should be informative to potential dbpa purchasers.

Comment

Working...

]]>