title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Is PerfectTUNES what I need? Will it do all of this....?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is PerfectTUNES what I need? Will it do all of this....?

Hi all

I've been using DBPA CD Ripper to rip my CD collection slowly but surely over the last year or two.

But I've also got folders and folders full of mp3s etc that I've downloaded or that people have given to me. I want to integrate these into my collection, and as such would like them to have the same folder structures, file naming schemes, and metadata, as all of my CD rips have. Would also be good if some of the finer settings I have in CD Ripper could be applied to these mp3s. Like character replacements, certain scripts I use (I like my mp3 tag song titles to have the track number prefix at the start), etc.

I also want to add ReplayGain to them, and to add new album art for all of them (I want to choose this for each album).

Is PerfectTUNES the right app for all of this? Is there anything already in my CD Ripper package that would do this? Any other alternative?

Would appreciate any advice. I feel confident ripping CDs after all of my practice (!!) but updating my mp3s is all new to me.

Cheers

Max
    Last edited by Max Dread; 04-04-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Administrator

Re: Is PerfectTUNES what I need? Will it do all of this....?

PerfectTNUES will not do this, but dBpoweramp can assuming these files are tagged.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The files are partially tagged. Some better than others. That's the main part of the project; to get all of the tags and filenames/folders uniform and consistent with the rest of the library (i.e. the stuff I've ripped myself).

If you could point in direction of any info explained how to do this with dBpoweramp that would be most helpful. Would it involve using internet databases to gather the tag info from???

Many thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Max Dread View Post
    The files are partially tagged. Some better than others. That's the main part of the project; to get all of the tags and filenames/folders uniform and consistent with the rest of the library (i.e. the stuff I've ripped myself).

If you could point in direction of any info explained how to do this with dBpoweramp that would be most helpful. Would it involve using internet databases to gather the tag info from???
    You can use dBpoweramp or MP3tag to manually add tags, but dBpoweramp does not have any auto tagging features.