title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Higher quality album art?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdm1979
    • Mar 2016

Higher quality album art?

When I'm ripping cd's I find the default album art is of terribly low quality. Sometimes as low as 8kb. This means it will look grainy on an ipad etc. I've often picked my own art from the 'choose' section but it's just slowing down the whole process. Any advice or alternative for obtaining higher quality album art?

Thanks
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Higher quality album art?

Originally posted by mdm1979
    When I'm ripping cd's I find the default album art is of terribly low quality. Sometimes as low as 8kb. This means it will look grainy on an ipad etc. I've often picked my own art from the 'choose' section but it's just slowing down the whole process. Any advice or alternative for obtaining higher quality album art?

Thanks
    What have you set in the options section regarding size of album art. the ripper will typically try to find the best art, subject to your size restriction. See picture:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CropperCapture[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	293105

Comment

• mdm1979
      • Mar 2016

I'm away from my PC but I've got it on the default setting. So essentially if the maximum is 500 by 500 it will try to get as close to that size?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Yes. Increase your maximum size.

Comment

• mdm1979
          • Mar 2016

I updated the settings, reopened the program and put in John Lennon - Imagine and it auto selected an 8kb cover art image. I had to choose file to get a better image. Very frustrating.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you press 'Review Metadata' the 4 columns are filled from all 4 providers?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mdm1979
              • Mar 2016

The first time I used the program I got the 4 options. When I do it now I just get the one.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It will be reading from the cache, press the metadata button again to regret fresh from the providers, then click review.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mdm1979
                  • Mar 2016

Thanks for that. Seems to work better at obtaining art after a full pc restart.

Comment

Working...

]]>