title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Manage/Remove Explorer Columns not possible

Manage/Remove Explorer Columns not possible

Hello,

on my system the dbpoweramp explorer columns are active and I would like to deactivate them. But I can not manage/remove those exploerer columns.

screenshot.jpg

How can I deactivate those columns and get the regular explorer columns as for any other non-music file formats.

PS I use Win 7 prof and Clover-explorer extension in case that makes a difference.

regards,
    Bernhard

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Manage/Remove Explorer Columns not possible

Run Configure dBpoweramp >> Music Converter tab >> Windows Explorer Integration
    and set your options accordingly

This is what I tried to do! Please take a look at the provided screenshot of this section and the way the explorer looks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gehberger View Post
    This is what I tried to do! Please take a look at the provided screenshot of this section and the way the explorer looks.
    With these settings:

I get the regular Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit file explorer columns. Maybe there's some sort of conflict with Clover-explorer extension?
    Last edited by mville; 03-02-2016 at 08:21 AM.

Well then it would be interesting to know why it does not work?

ok, in order to do my part of work..

I deinstalled Clover, restarted, same problem. I get the mp3/id-tags/columnes when music files are listed.

But the way the option is presented in the configuration settings does not make any sense.
    According to the note (Windows XP) this should be a setting available and working only on Windows XP systems.
    So - what happens in all other systems? There is nothing like Explorer Columns? Or only?

But I now reconfigured the explorer folder view within the windows explorer folder settings and there I could choose the regular columns - so now it looks again like it used to do..

regards
    Last edited by Gehberger; 03-02-2016 at 05:03 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey,

look into the properties of the folder. IMO you have chosen to present the folder as music folder. Try to choose a different presentation.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    look into the properties of the folder. IMO you have chosen to present the folder as music folder. Try to choose a different presentation.
    I agree. If you are still getting music related columns then your folder is optimised for music. This is a feature of Windows and can be changed under Folder properties >> Customize tab. If you set Optimise this folder to General Items OR Documents and apply/ok you should get the standard file columns and not the audio file columns.

Administrator

Our column extender cannot work on anything newer then Windows XP, as Microsoft changed the design.