title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Manage/Remove Explorer Columns not possible

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gehberger
    • Mar 2016

Manage/Remove Explorer Columns not possible

Hello,

on my system the dbpoweramp explorer columns are active and I would like to deactivate them. But I can not manage/remove those exploerer columns.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	297036

How can I deactivate those columns and get the regular explorer columns as for any other non-music file formats.

PS I use Win 7 prof and Clover-explorer extension in case that makes a difference.

regards,
    Bernhard
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Manage/Remove Explorer Columns not possible

Run Configure dBpoweramp >> Music Converter tab >> Windows Explorer Integration
    and set your options accordingly

Comment

• Gehberger
      • Mar 2016

This is what I tried to do! Please take a look at the provided screenshot of this section and the way the explorer looks.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Gehberger
        This is what I tried to do! Please take a look at the provided screenshot of this section and the way the explorer looks.
        With these settings:

I get the regular Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit file explorer columns. Maybe there's some sort of conflict with Clover-explorer extension?
        Last edited by mville; 03-02-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Gehberger
          • Mar 2016

Well then it would be interesting to know why it does not work?

Comment

• Gehberger
            • Mar 2016

ok, in order to do my part of work..

I deinstalled Clover, restarted, same problem. I get the mp3/id-tags/columnes when music files are listed.

But the way the option is presented in the configuration settings does not make any sense.
            According to the note (Windows XP) this should be a setting available and working only on Windows XP systems.
            So - what happens in all other systems? There is nothing like Explorer Columns? Or only?

But I now reconfigured the explorer folder view within the windows explorer folder settings and there I could choose the regular columns - so now it looks again like it used to do..

regards
            Last edited by Gehberger; 03-02-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

Hey,

look into the properties of the folder. IMO you have chosen to present the folder as music folder. Try to choose a different presentation.

Dat Ei

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                look into the properties of the folder. IMO you have chosen to present the folder as music folder. Try to choose a different presentation.
                I agree. If you are still getting music related columns then your folder is optimised for music. This is a feature of Windows and can be changed under Folder properties >> Customize tab. If you set Optimise this folder to General Items OR Documents and apply/ok you should get the standard file columns and not the audio file columns.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Our column extender cannot work on anything newer then Windows XP, as Microsoft changed the design.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>