title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper has just stopped working

CD Ripper has just stopped working

Hi

I purchased CD ripper a few weeks back and have used it extensively to cope my CD collection to my NAS.

Suddenly a couple of weeks ago it has stopped working. When I load a new CD it takes ages to recognise, and goes to a Not Responding status. After a minute or two, it then knows the CD but all rips are errors. To check it wasn't my CD drive I borrowed a USB attached exsternal drive and I get the same issue. I have tried numerous CDs all to no avail, and CDs play find if using Media player

can you please help?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Ripper has just stopped working

Have you made any changes to the CDRipper options in the past couple of weeks?

Nope - none at all. I've done nothing. I did upgarde to Windows 10 but all was ok after that for the first few days so I hope it isn't that?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ps0670 View Post
    I did upgarde to Windows 10 but all was ok after that for the first few days so I hope it isn't that?
    I suspect it is related to the Windows 10 upgrade and subsequent windows updates.

Under CDRipper >> Options >> Secure Settings, is C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection ticked?

If yes, please can you try un-ticking this option, re-ripping and report the result here.

Many thanks.

My version of CD Ripper doesn't have those options...it only has sub options for "encoder priority" and "after ripping"?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ps0670 View Post
    My version of CD Ripper doesn't have those options...it only has sub options for "encoder priority" and "after ripping"?
    Which version of dBpoweramp Music Converter for Windows have you installed?

... you need to click the Options button to access the CDRipper options (i.e. not the dropdown menu by clicking the small black triangle).
    Last edited by mville; 02-28-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Apologies - I've been away. checked the options correctly now (thanks - I was pressing the arrow) and C2 is NOT ticked

Version is 15.3

Administrator

Run this:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

To clear all settings and the program, then reinstall and try ripping a cd using the default settings.