title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

OSX aac encoder and special characters issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flips
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

OSX aac encoder and special characters issue

With titles like this in the meta data:
    Code:
    The Four Seasons (Il quattro stagione), concertos (4) for violin, strings & continuo ("Il cimento" Nos. 1-4) , Op. 8/1 - 4: No. 1 In E Major, RV 269 "La primavera"~Movement 3, Allegro
    It seems the aac encoder gets stuck (I tried waiting for 5 minutes, all the CoreEncoder processes seemed to be stuck.

I tried changing just the ~, but that made no difference. Removing the double quotes seemed to fix the issue.

I guess some parsing has trouble with escaping/quoting ...
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: OSX aac encoder and special characters issue

Bug confirmed, thanks for reporting, I'm working on it.

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

New beta posted, bug has been fixed.

Current version: R15.5 beta 7 http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC_OSX_R15.5_beta7.dmg Changes since R15.5 Fixed handling of files with backslash character in their names. Fixed missing optimizations in some of our codecs; conversion speeds should be the same as on Windows now. Added reading of disc's ISRC codecs. Fixed

Comment

• flips
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2006

Cool! I hope this bug
        I have some ALAC files, named 01-SongTitle.m4a etc. When I choose to convert with dBPoweramp, try to convert to AAC files, I get this error: Unable to decode m4a file (is corrupt or not supported audio type). But other players and programs are fully capable of understanding this ALAC file, so what's wrong? :eek: (I

... will make it into the 15.5, too?

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Turns out the ALAC bug was fixed in the Windows version but the fix was not copied over to the OSX version. Fixed for the next update, thanks for reporting.

Comment

Working...

]]>