title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got ripped off

Banned

Just got ripped off

I just bought the dBpoweramp Reference R15.3 Single PC for $20.00. I tried to change some MP'3s to Wavs as I had on my other purchase from many years ago.

Something isn't right! When I clicked on the Choosewave Compression Format, the choice to choose MPEG layer 3 is not there. Just the PCM which doesn't give me the ability to make small wav files, 24kbgs, 12,000hz at 2kgper sec. That is how I did all my music for years from the purchased dBpoweramp from years ago.

If this item isn't made available immediately, I want my money back immediately. I want the version I bought years ago which is supposedly the same version.

I will have Paypal fight this for me if something isn't done immediately!

I am totally sick and tired of being ripped off!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Just got ripped off

Quote Originally Posted by songbird7777777 View Post
    I tried to change some MP'3s to Wavs as I had on my other purchase from many years ago.

Something isn't right! When I clicked on the Choosewave Compression Format, the choice to choose MPEG layer 3 is not there. Just the PCM which doesn't give me the ability to make small wav files, 24kbgs, 12,000hz at 2kgper sec. That is how I did all my music for years from the purchased dBpoweramp from years ago.
    MPEG layer 3 is not there because you have chosen to convert to wav. MPEG layer 3 is mp3 NOT wav.

The ability to convert to lo-res wav IS there, listed under attributes.

I'm not entirely sure where you have been ripped off, but if you are not happy, I'm sure you can ask for a refund.
    Last edited by mville; 02-19-2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Ask for a refund

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    MPEG layer 3 is not there because you have chosen to convert to wav. MPEG layer 3 is mp3 NOT wav.

The ability to convert to lo-res wav IS there, listed under attributes.
    This is not the same item that I purchased several years ago and it is supposed to be!
    I don't need your ignorance when you don't know what I am trying to say. I have used this same item that I purchased 11 years ago many, many times and it is not the same item, although it is supposed to be.

I just called Paypal and they are getting to it!

dBpoweramp Guru

This is not the same item that I purchased several years ago and it is supposed to be!
    I don't need your ignorance when you don't know what I am trying to say. I have used this same item that I purchased 11 years ago many, many times and it is not the same item, although it is supposed to be.

I just called Paypal and they are getting to it!
    Is it me, or have I missed something here?

Banned

Banned

It gives me the option no where to do a lo res wav.........................No where!

I want this made right or my money back

Who ever owns this company would do right to contact me. You have my email. Make this right. This download at twenty dollars is worthless.

Banned

Your Dispute Has Been Escalated to a Claim - Case

Email from Paypal!

dBpoweramp Guru

Amusing...

dBpoweramp Guru

I believe you can get what you want from the software, but I don't like the way you are going about getting what you want. If this is your way of asking for help then so be it.

Maybe someone can help you, but it won't be me. I'm done here.

Banned

These are my only options now.

dB3.jpg

No where does it say lo res wav.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I believe you can get what you want from the software, but I don't like the way you are going about getting what you want. If this is your way of asking for help then so be it.

Maybe someone can help you, but it won't be me. I'm done here.
    Getting what I want??????????????

I am asking for what I purchased!

I am a 63 year old mother of a very, very, ill, mentally handicapped daughter and my money does not come easy to be taking ripped off so easily and laying back and taking it!

Banned

dBpoweramp Guru

I'll give it a try. But please calm down. We don't work here, we're just users like you trying to help. What exactly are you trying to do? Convert an existing mp3 file to a Wav file. (note that Wav files are not compressed files...in fact it is the opposite--WAV files are full lossless versions and mp3 files are the compressed versions). If you want to convert an mp3 to a WAV file, that is doable with dbpa. Is that what you want? Please clarify.

edit: I do see that the WAV converter has a "compressed" option. Not sure what it actually does. But below that is an option for WAV-mp3. Perhaps that is what you were looking for. See attached picture.CropperCapture[1].jpg
    Last edited by garym; 02-19-2016 at 05:06 PM.

I just bought the dBpoweramp Reference R15.3 Single PC for $20.00. I tried to change some MP'3s to Wavs as I had on my other purchase from many years ago.

If this item isn't made available immediately, I want my money back immediately. I want the version I bought years ago which is supposedly the same version.

I will have Paypal fight this for me if something isn't done immediately!

I am totally sick and tired of being ripped off!
    If you refer to your picture db1.jpg you will see you have selected compressed WAV format. What you are trying to do is low bitrate mp3 in a Wav wrapper.
    That option is directly below and labelled as 'Wave-mp3'. Under the settings for that codec you can select 12,000Hz but you will have to decide on 8 or 16 kbs. This is a function of the LAME encoder and not to do with music converter directly...

Administrator

If people think this thread is bad...you should see some of the emails we recieve sometimes.

Anyhow the wav-MP3 answer has already been provided, I think this whole thing could have been approached with much more kindness.