title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mapping to create Cart Chunk files for wav for wide orbit

Mapping to create Cart Chunk files for wav for wide orbit

Hello,

We are trying to convert a number of cd's to our wide orbit library. We found dbPoweramp and the batch converter to be wonderful. We would like to check on an additional feature to allow the automatic creation of cart chunk files for our wide orbit import. We would like to be able to create the mapping in batch from the data you already have in the Id-Tag tab of the file after it is created. Can you help up with this. It may be just a education issue on how to do this.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Mapping to create Cart Chunk files for wav for wide orbit

Your source files have ID Tags (which format are the files?) and you want to map to a cart chunk?

Thanks for getting back with me, the files are lossless wav's from the dbPoweramp batch Converter. And yes we want to map to a cart chunk so it can be brought in to our wide orbit system.

Administrator

You are certain this wave files have id tags?

Yes because your software created them. I can send a file to you so you can look at it if you would like.

Administrator

If you have an existing cart tagged files, right click >> edit Id tags

This will show the tag names dbpoweramp uses, you can setup mappings in ID tag processing.

That is the problem, when it comes out of dbpoweramp it has the id tags but no cart chunks. We are trying to create the cart chunks and preferably in batch.

Thanks

Administrator

Cart chunks have special tag names, not the usual 'Title', so right clicking on an existing cart tagged file will show you those names.

OK I must be missing something, I am not seeing the file as being cart tagged, unless dbpoweramp creates this and I don't know it. That is what I am trying to create is the cart chunk. Then after it is created mapping the data from the id tags that I do see from dbpoweramp to the correct cart chunk tags. Also trying to create these in a batch/automated method.

Administrator

Actually it is me who is missing something cart chunks are not implemented, only 'BWF BEXT' chunks.

Sorry for the miss information, there has not been the demand to implement it.

I actually think there is a need/demand for it. Do you have any idea what it would take to implement it? I think several of the radio stations like us would pay a premium for the feature. If you would like please PM me and we can discuss this.

Thanks

Administrator

I can put you in-touch with a 3rd party contractor who would be able to do this work, and quote for it, if required send me a personal message on this forum please.

Was there a resolution on this? Our WAV (PCM) files must use "CART CHUNK" so we can bring them into our system with the meta data.

Administrator

It was never taken any further, the offer still stands though to put in contact with a 3rd party who can do this.