title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp for OSX, R15.5 beta

Super Moderator

dBpoweramp for OSX, R15.5 beta

Current version: R15.5 beta 7
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC_OSX_R15.5_beta7.dmg

Changes since R15.5
    • Fixed handling of files with backslash character in their names.
    • Fixed missing optimizations in some of our codecs; conversion speeds should be the same as on Windows now.
    • Added reading of disc's ISRC codecs.
    • Fixed crash when attempting to edit tags on malformed Opus files.
    • Fixed encoding AAC files with quotation marks in their names.
    • Fixed encoding MP3 files with quotation marks in their names [beta 5].
    • Added character substitution rules configuration for Converter / Batch Converter, similar to those in CD Ripper [beta 5].
    • Made CD Ripper metadata cache size configurable [beta 5].
    • Edit Tags no longer treats Title and Album fields containing ; as separate values [beta 5].
    • CD Ripper: Fixed nonsensical behavior when attempting to rip to a non-existent folder [beta 6].
    • CD Ripper: Fixed bad downscaling of non-square album covers, width & height were getting transposed [beta 6].
    • CD Ripper: Fixed "choose album art" sorting by size not working quite right [beta 6].
    • "ID Tag Processing" DSP: fixed configuration dialog crashings [beta 6].
    • "ID Tag Processing" DSP: forced bigger default window size for better readability, as some of the options were hard to see [beta 6].
    • Fixed bad output when converting directly to "Automatically add to iTunes" folder - prevented iTunes from processing incomplete & intermediate files [beta 6].
    • Added better error messages when conversion process fails to start up [beta 7].
    Last edited by PeterP; 05-24-2016 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Beta 7

Re: dBpoweramp for OSX, R15.5 beta

Hi Peter,

Does this update fix the issue with all codex's in respect of quotation marks, or just AAC files? and do I need to uninstall the previous version before I install 15.5 Beta, or does it update straight from the box?

Whilst writing will the next OSX version update include the ability to increase the size of the CDRipperCache.bin database file as per the Windows version?

Regards,

Simon.

Edit: Sorry, I also forgot to ask when the ability to join tracks would be introduced to the OSX version? as I really miss this feature now I have migrated to Mac.
    Last edited by Simon Moakes; 03-22-2016 at 04:02 AM.

Super Moderator

Hi.

The quotation marks bug only affected AAC as far as I am aware of, as it was specific to translation of commandline arguments when invoking AAC encoder program.

On OSX, there's no need to uninstall the old version as the new .app bundle version always replaces the old one entirely, so there are no leftovers. If you for some reason wish to erase app configuration and start clean, wipe ~/Library/dBpoweramp folder - but this should not ever be needed.

The ability to adjust CDRipperCache.bin size will be added to the configuration dialog, I'm looking into it now.

Regarding joining tracks, it's a feature we'll consider for R16.

Hi Peter,

I can confirm that this bug is also present when converting .flac files to .mp3 whenever double quotation marks are present within the original artist field / filename. Any file with this problem is reported as "unable to read" after the conversion process, yet it produces two broken versions of the file in .mp3 format.

Good to hear the other items are being considered for the next release.

Regards,

Simon.

Hi Peter,

Further to my reply above I have carried out a test conversion of .flac files to both .aac and mp3. I can confirm that a conversion to .aac now has no problems in respect of the "double-quote" issue via R15.5 beta, but conversion to .mp3 still has an issue. Therefore it maybe worth checking the "command-line arguments" for all conversion from / to processes.

Whilst writing I can also confirm that "batch converting" to either .aac or .mp3 from .flac ignores the "File Name Character Replacement" settings within "CD Ripper". Any instance of a colon [:] or semi-colon [;] is replaced with a forward slash [/] regardless of any bespoke settings within "CD Ripper", which is not a valid character in Linux or Windows file systems: even though it can be utilised in OSX, but it is not 100% cross-compatible with other operating systems.

Sorry for highlighting these issues, as I know what a P.I.T.A. it can be with an "iteration release" of this kind.

Regards,

Simon.

Super Moderator

Thanks for all the feedback.

Beta 5 posted, changelog in the first post.

Not sure how you get semicolons replaced with slashes, should not be possible.

From what I have observed, colons in filenames are passed through properly - they show as such in Terminal - it's OSX Finder that shows them as slashes for some reason.

This isn't a new issue, but I don't think I've reported it before:

When I click "Choose Art" and get the cover art browser, clicking "Sort Largest to Smallest" doesn't seem to work correctly. It does re-arrange the search results, but the sort order is messed up: The art is neither sorted by reported pixel dimensions nor file size.

Related feature request: The thumbnail images are often too small for me to make meaningful comparisons of image quality. I would really like to be able to see the full-resolution images, perhaps via contextual menu item, or perhaps simply by hovering over the thumbnail.

Another bug with the album art browser: It seems to get the width (x) and height (h) dimensions transposed when scaling some of the found images. I suspect it has to do with whether the image has rotation correction or not. For example, for Anoushka Shankar's album "Anoushka", among the found images is one with original dimensions of 1024 (w) x 679 (h). I have set a maximum size of 1000 x 1000. When dBpoweramp scales this, it becomes a badly distorted 663 x 1000 (Folder.jpg) rather than the expected 1000 x 663 (w x h).

Since most actual cover art images are close to square, this bug isn't as noticeable most of the time, but it still happens. (I picked a more extreme example to better illustrate.)

Also, researching this re-iterates my request that I be able to see the actual URL of the found images. It would make this much easier.

I think the original photo in question is this one.

error with .ogg conversion. OSX 10.11.5:
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Users/mark/Downloads/9-10-1275percentFolk.ogg' to '/Volumes/iTunes Media/iTunes/Automatically Add to iTunes.localized/9-10-1275percentFolk.m4a'
    Error audio file failed verification '/Volumes/iTunes Media/iTunes/Automatically Add to iTunes.localized/9-10-1275percentFolk.m4a'.
    Unable to tag file '/Volumes/iTunes Media/iTunes/Automatically Add to iTunes.localized/9-10-1275percentFolk.m4a'

from the system log:

5/19/16 6:11:04.000 PM kernel[0]: hfs: mounted dBpoweramp Music Converter on device disk10s2
    5/19/16 6:11:04.385 PM mds[68903]: (Volume.Normal:2464) volume:0x7fef9a90c800 ********** Bootstrapped Creating a default store:1 SpotLoc:(null) SpotVerLoc:(null) occlude:0 /Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter
    5/19/16 6:12:25.000 PM kernel[0]: hfs: unmount initiated on dBpoweramp Music Converter on device disk10s2
    5/19/16 6:12:25.089 PM deleted[503]: normalizeUserMountpoint:791 volRoot failed for /Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter
    5/19/16 6:12:25.089 PM deleted[503]: _validateVolume:813 unable to normalize volume: "/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter", vol: (null)
    5/19/16 6:14:30.188 PM dBpoweramp Music Converter[15830]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_MEMORYSTATUS] add: "Operation not supported" - 0x2d
    5/19/16 6:14:31.089 PM dBpoweramp Music Converter[15830]: assertion failed: 15F34: libxpc.dylib + 78286 [54D1328E-054E-3DAA-89E2-375722F9D18F]: 0x89
    5/19/16 6:14:49.463 PM dBpoweramp Music Converter[15830]: plugin com.adobe.accmac.ACCFinderSync invalidated
    5/19/16 6:15:52.753 PM dBpoweramp Music Converter[15830]: Batch finish for 1 objects, DSP: -dspeffect1="Delete Source File=-recycle -removeemptyfolders"

Super Moderator

Thanks for your feedback, it is being looked into.

For starters I don't think converting directly to "automatically add to iTunes" folder is a good idea, but I don't blame you for trying, it is us who should safeguard against it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by amary View Post
    Another bug with the album art browser: It seems to get the width (x) and height (h) dimensions transposed when scaling some of the found images. I suspect it has to do with whether the image has rotation correction or not. For example, for Anoushka Shankar's album "Anoushka", among the found images is one with original dimensions of 1024 (w) x 679 (h). I have set a maximum size of 1000 x 1000. When dBpoweramp scales this, it becomes a badly distorted 663 x 1000 (Folder.jpg) rather than the expected 1000 x 663 (w x h).

Since most actual cover art images are close to square, this bug isn't as noticeable most of the time, but it still happens. (I picked a more extreme example to better illustrate.)

Also, researching this re-iterates my request that I be able to see the actual URL of the found images. It would make this much easier.

I think the original photo in question is this one.
    Good find, fixed, thanks for reporting. Beta 6 will be available shortly. We're hoping to finally do a stable R15.5 release this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by amary View Post
    This isn't a new issue, but I don't think I've reported it before:

When I click "Choose Art" and get the cover art browser, clicking "Sort Largest to Smallest" doesn't seem to work correctly. It does re-arrange the search results, but the sort order is messed up: The art is neither sorted by reported pixel dimensions nor file size.

Related feature request: The thumbnail images are often too small for me to make meaningful comparisons of image quality. I would really like to be able to see the full-resolution images, perhaps via contextual menu item, or perhaps simply by hovering over the thumbnail.
    Sorting, fixed, thanks for reporting.

Better preview with full URL and full-sized image will be added for upcoming R16; we're not adding new features to R15 at this point.

CD ripper does not rip to flac on Mac Book Pro 2010 running El Capitan, have been using it for a few days on HP Spectre Win10 using the same cd drive and all is OK.
    No matter what changes I make to the setup, the OSX version will not run. Can anyone help with this problem. XLD works with the same equipment, but doesn't have the confident feel of DbPowerAmp. I intend to purchase as soon as I have a working solution for OSX.

Administrator

Any error messages shown?

Super Moderator

Any difference between stable (R15.4) and beta (R15.5 beta 6 at this time) versions? Is this problem beta-specific or not?

I have similar problems with this beta, Spoon.

I did a batch conversion from flac to apple lossless:
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/iTunes Media/Live From The Mountain Stage Flac copy/03-My Ramblin' Boy.flac' to '/Volumes/iTunes Media/Live From The Mountain Stage Flac copy/03-My Ramblin' Boy.m4a'
    Initialization failure

from the system log:
    May 23 16:20:40 Marks-Machine kernel[0]: hfs: mounted dBpoweramp Music Converter on device disk10s2
    May 23 16:20:40 Marks-Machine mds[4358]: (Volume.Normal:2464) volume:0x7fe2dc809200 ********** Bootstrapped Creating a default store:1 SpotLoc:(null) SpotVerLoc:(null) occlude:0 /Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter
    May 23 16:21:09 Marks-Machine kernel[0]: hfs: unmount initiated on dBpoweramp Music Converter on device disk10s2
    May 23 16:21:09 Marks-Machine deleted[262]: normalizeUserMountpoint:791 volRoot failed for /Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter
    May 23 16:21:09 Marks-Machine deleted[262]: _validateVolume:813 unable to normalize volume: "/Volumes/dBpoweramp Music Converter", vol: (null)
    May 23 16:24:57 Marks-Machine dBpoweramp Music Converter[7315]: Batch finish for 15 objects, DSP: -dspeffect1="Delete Source File=-recycle -removeemptyfolders"

When I reprocessed the file - still in batch mode, but with everything else unselected, it converted without error.
    Last edited by offline; 05-23-2016 at 04:35 PM.