title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album listing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSH
    • Mar 2015

Album listing

I am running Asset on a Raspberry Pi very successfully - thanks for porting it over.
    I notice that the configuration page has a ticked entry that says "[album] - [artist] for album listing" yet when I display the albums for a particular composer the artist bit is missing. Is there any reason for this?
    Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Album listing

From the help:

[album] - [artist] for album listings: for control points which do not display artists when browsing albums this option places the artist onto the album name (only for browsing), useful when looking for The Greatest Hits, as there could be 10 albums,

Which control point are you using?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PSH
      • Mar 2015

Yes - I had seen the definition from the help and it describes exactly what I am after.........but it doesn't happen on my system.
      The control point is a NaimUniti player.

Comment

• PSH
        • Mar 2015

Hello Spoon.
        Any further thoughts on this?
        Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you look at the override settings, there is:

={no-identification}
          [NoAssetPrependTrackNum]
          [NoAssetTrackWantFrontArtist]
          [NoAssetTrackWantEndArtist]
          [NoAssetAlbumArtist]

which is prohibiting it with certain control points which do not identify themselves, if you remove this section it should appear.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PSH
            • Mar 2015

Many thanks for the suggestion - two points though:

1) Where are these override settings? I looked in several txt files in the .dBpoweramp directory but couldn't find anything there.

2) NaimUPnP/2.0 appears in the KnownControlPoints and Last ActiveControlPoint txt files.

Further suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

Looks like I did not include control point override editing functionality in the web interface. This oversight has now been addressed - get new beta.

You can also edit this manually, the file you want is called "OverrideSettings.txt", however I recommend using the web interface to edit it for the first time, it will create a file containing the default settings on first edit.

Comment

• PSH
                • Mar 2015

Hi PeterP.

Thanks for providing this update. Do I simply install it on top of the existing installation?

Are these override settings likely to solve the original problem given that the control point has an identity? Spoon's last reply seems to imply that the override settings do not apply with respect to named control points. If this is the case then we will still be left with the original problem that [album] - [artist] is not displayed even though the option is ticked.

Thanks for your continuing support.

Comment

• PSH
                  • Mar 2015

Excellent - installed on top of existing installation and rebooted - all now working.
                  I'm still a bit mystified about these override settings as, without accessing this part of the system and making changes, the earlier [artist] - [album] option does not really offer an option.
                  Anyway, thanks for sorting the problem for me.

Comment

Working...

]]>