title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Powerfile

Question Powerfile

Hi,

I am new to all this ripping so please be gentle. I have just purchased an elderly Powerfile C200 having decided (at least my wife did) it was time to digitise her sorry our 1500 or so CD's. I have managed to get the Powerfile recognised on a Win XP pro machine, it comes up in device manager with 2 dvd drives a medium changer and a 1394 device, all using microsoft drivers, DVD drives also appear OK in Win Explorer. I have downloaded and installed batch ripper and the appropriate driver for the powerfile from the website. However when I install the driver which appears to install OK, at the end of the install you can run batch ripper configuration but when I do this it displays "an error ocurred while running batch ripper" I suspect I maybe doing something stupid here but don't know what? I have confirmed the two services are disabled ie Removeable storage and Shell Hardware. So now I am stuck cannot even get to the configuration section. Anyone throw any light on my problem....please

best regards

Macboggle

Administrator

Re: Powerfile

Install dBpoweramp, then Batch Ripper, then the batch ripper driver all to the same location.

Hi,

Thanks for that, that fixed most of my problems, everything up and running apparently Ok, tested the functions on the batch loader configurator and all worked fine load, unload etc, put a few Cd's in to try and it ripped the first one fine but then refused to unload it and load the next one, so I am a bit puzzled as the test functions all worked. Any ideas? I am at the point of giving up with it. I have a Primera Composer Pro which I might move onto in the view it might be easier.

best regards

Administrator

You have the batch configured for that drive to use the Powerfile? rather than the 'Manual Load, Auto Eject'

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have the batch configured for that drive to use the Powerfile? rather than the 'Manual Load, Auto Eject'
    Hi,

Yes, I have checked and rechecked the configuration.

best regards

Administrator

So the batch ripper will load from the carrousel and rip the disc?

So the batch ripper will load from the carrousel and rip the disc?
    Hi,

thats correct, it then stops does not eject the disc or try to load the next one. I assume I have to run CD ripper, batch ripper and the appropriate driver, then select the relevant disc in Batch Ripper and then click Rip in batch ripper?

best regards

Administrator

You do not run CD ripper, only batch ripper.

What happens if you do a Test unload on the configuration?

You do not run CD ripper, only batch ripper.

What happens if you do a Test unload on the configuration?
    HI,

Ah Ha that looks like where I have been going wrong as I have been running both CD Ripper and Batch Ripper. Test unload on config works fine.

best regards