title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Display of Artwork for *artists* etc. Is this possible?

Question Display of Artwork for *artists* etc. Is this possible?

I have Asset running on WHS 2011 - Release 5.

I primarily stream tunes over to a Cambridge Audio Stream Magic v2 - which is controlled by the Cambridge Audio "app" on an iPad, called CA Connect.

When I navigate the hierarchy (e.g. Album Artist / Album) i see the red icons with an outline of a head. Once I drill down into a letter, I then simply get black folder icons. What i would like here is to see some artwork for each artist - easier to select from a large list visually than by name alone. Once I tap into an artist, then the artwork is displayed as expected for the albums, just not at the artist level.

In the previous app from CA, called "Stream Magic" it was possible. When in an artist view, it would automatically pick up whatever the first folder.jpg or embedded art there was and display that art. So for artists, if I could be bothered I'd create a folder called '0' with a very small mp3 in there or whatever with the artwork of my choice for that artist. Good enough.

So it would seem that there is a difference between the old app and the new one, which is preventing the display of art at the artist level.

However, on the WHS i also have JRiver MCE running as a server - this is mainly for Videos etc, but I notice that when i browse using the CA Connect app the JRiver server's stuff, the artwork is displayed at the artist level.

Thus, the app can do it, but it seems there is something the app doesn't like about the Asset configuration. Could it be possible to tweak some control point setting or similar here? If so any details greatly appreciated. it's a small thing, but would make navigation of my fledgling library significantly easier. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Cheers
    Spence

Administrator

Re: Display of Artwork for *artists* etc. Is this possible?

It might be that Magic v2 cannot display for any listing designated as an Artist listing (and JR is simply not designating the listing as an artist listing). It sounds like a bug, if you install Kinsky on the iPad it will show exactly what Asset is giving out for a given view.

Re: Display of Artwork for *artists* etc. Is this possible?

Thanks Spoon,

Got Kinsky installed, and when browsing the Asset library the artist artwork is displayed. It seems to pick up a random album from within the subtree - rather than the first album in the folder etc - but that's not too important.

At any rate that shows it's clearly a problem with the CA Connect app - so once more back to them to see if they can fix it - i won't be holding my breath there

s.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It might be that Magic v2 cannot display for any listing designated as an Artist listing (and JR is simply not designating the listing as an artist listing). It sounds like a bug, if you install Kinsky on the iPad it will show exactly what Asset is giving out for a given view.