title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem with Asset 5.1 and Cyrus Cadence

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Problem with Asset 5.1 and Cyrus Cadence

Happy New Year Spoon,

I am having problems with intermittent 'Server errors' using the Cyrus Cadence control point software on Android. I am running Asset 5.1 on a Windows 7x64 based system and my intranet and Lyric 09 hi-fi are all hard-wired. I have reported the issue a few times to the developers at Cadence, whose latest reply was:

'The issue that you are describing does not seem to be related to Cadence. Cadence is, effectively, a remote control for Lyric and cannot cause behaviour such as you describe. A server error is just that, an error receiving information from the server. His usually means that the problem is with the source device or the server running on it rather than anything else. Have you tried contacting the developers of Asset about the issue?'

I wonder if it would be possible for you to investigate this issue by looking at the database/error log, which I have uploaded to ZippyShare (169 Mb):

Database.txt
    http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/g0IMCQvv/file.html

asset-debug-asset.txt
    http://www87.zippyshare.com/v/CcnJetQ1/file.html

Here is the series of steps taken after starting error logging.

1. Turned on Lyric 09.
    2. Selected <Album/Artistt> -> <P> - <Pink Floyd> - <Dark Side Of The Moon (Immersion Edition 2011)> - <Select Track 01>
    3. 'Server Error' produced on Android Cadence.
    4. Re-selected the track and everything now works perfectly.

This is a fairly regular occurrence and usually, but not always, happens on first play after the hi-fi has been turned on, but also after an album has been playing for a while and then a different album or track is selected using Cadence. This is not due to the server being in standby or the HDD spinning down. I suspect this is not a problem with Asset at all and I am just being fobbed off.
    Last edited by alk630; 01-05-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Administrator

Re: Problem with Asset 5.1 and Cyrus Cadence

You have tested with other control points? such as Linn Kinsky? if that can always browse correctly, then it does point to the control point.

Administrator

The log shows nothing strange.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have tested with other control points? such as Linn Kinsky? if that can always browse correctly, then it does point to the control point.
    Thanks for you time Spoon... This isn't a browsing issue, it only occurs when a track is selected for playing. Unfortunately, while Kinsky does browse correctly, it will not play tracks with the Lyric 09.

Does this mean that it is indeed most likely to be a control point issue with Cadence? Are there any other possibilities for what may be causing the problem before I contact Cyrus again?
    Last edited by alk630; 01-05-2016 at 05:59 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

As a further follow-up, I seem to have discovered the cause of my problem after it was mentioned about being a server problem rather than Cadence itself. After discovering that Asset was not the cause of my problem, I systematically went through everything again. I discovered that I still had Bubble UPnP Server installed on my server from my last Arcam Solo Neo hi-fi setup before I purchased the Lyric 09. After uninstalling, everything appears to be working much better with no further &*8216;Server Errors&*8217; since. I will continue to monitor the situation, but thought it would be prudent to let you know in case other users are having similar problems.